Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 1.6 Petrol 2014 E18 Brake Fluid

Alienman

Hi guys, just a quick question. How much fresh brake fluid is needed to replace the existing fluid in the car? As it's a combination of clutch and brake fluid, would 2L suffice for a full flush and replacement? 

Look in your users manual, I believe it will be in there, I cant remember of the top of my head but might be just over 2.0L 

• Like 1

Hi, if you know what you are doing 1 ltr of brake fluid is enough. I had done flushing myself few times on two different cars, it’s an easy job but you will need someone to help. I used ATE dot3 bought from Eurocarparts around £12 for a 1ltr metal can., that is for hybrid Auris, perhaps yours might be different type, check your user manual. 
Regards 

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it, I spoke to a Toyota dealer and they confirmed that 1L will be enough for a full flush and replace. I ended up getting 1L of DOT5.1 from Toyota for £12.65 as that is what they had recommended. 

As well as the above, I would avoid completely emptying the master cylinder reservoir of fluid when bleeding.  If air is allowed into the the ABS unit, then it can be a pain to know if/when you've got it out again.

• Like 2