Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine management light

Jamiejayjay

I have a problem with my engine management light coming on and off, was told by a mechanic it’s a faulty sensor. And because I’m not doing long drives if he put a new one in it would probably develop the same problem. Has anyone else had this problem? 

When you say a mechanic, was this at a Toyota dealer?

If it is a 2021 Yaris as per your profile, it should go back to the dealer you bought it from for them to look at it under warranty.

OK - so you've changed your profile to show the Yaris is a 2006 - not a 2021 !!

So, did he tell you which sensor was faulty.???..seems a bit nebulous to me.

2 hours ago, Jamiejayjay said:

Lambda I believe 

Had this on my wife's 2016 Smart about a year ago. Just got it replaced. They do fail occasionally.

You can ignore it as your mechanic seems to suggest, but it could bite you at MoT time.

16 hours ago, Jamiejayjay said:

Lambda I believe 

Hi,

these sensors when oem usually lasts long although may get dirty and start sending false readings to the ecu due to a poor fuel quality or short town trips, or combination of both. Best and first step is to try to solve your issues using fuel additives. Wynns catalytic converter and lambda sensor cleaner is one of the best products available on the market and works magic. Just ad to max of 30 ltr of petrol and take the car to the motorway for 30-60 min drive, high speed is not important but higher rpm and continuous drive to rise the exhaust temperature and burn out all the carbon build up on the sensor and catalytic converter. Use BP or the best possible fuel available around you and if you lucky you may no need to replace any sensors again and drive your car without problems. https://www.amazon.co.uk/wynns-24463-Catalytic-Converter-Cleaner/dp/B01M04LOK3/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1DKCCP961GP56&dchild=1&keywords=wynns+catalytic+converter+%26+lambda+cleaner&qid=1622547389&sprefix=Wynns+cata%2Caps%2C280&sr=8-2
Good luck 👍

What is the exact code ? It could be anything from a slow to react to a heater fault