Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Year of manufacture from VIN

hairyarris

Hello

Writing from Portugal.

We have just been told the VIN for our new Yaris Hybrid. I was expecting to see the year of manufacture in the 10th digit but we have a zero which I take to mean the information has not been provided (European law allows it to be omitted, I believe). Are there any other documents that would indicate as accurately as possible, the date of manufacture? 

Thanks in advance

HY

Hello,

enter your vin here and you will see month and year:

https://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q?vin=

• Thanks 1

Thanks for trying but that did not work (came back with"no records found"). Other sites have worked a bit better but none has told me my year of manufacture. The only other VIN that I have been with a zero in the 10th digit said "No data available" for year of manufacture.  I wondered whether Toyota just don't include year of manufacture in their VINs.

Reading 10th digit didn't worked for me either, but this page works with my VIN. It says year, month, factory where it was made and what engine do I have. Maybe your car is too new and is not in its database yet 🙂

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much for replying. Yes, that sounds very likely.

The date will be stamped on the underside of most pieces of plastic that can be found within the car. Ashtray ?

• Thanks 1

You will not find anything online that gives you a build date on anything fairly new, most online sites only go up to mid 2018

My EPC goes from 1977 - 06/2020 - the online paid service on the Toyota portal does up to the last 30 days

rule of thumb is 4-6 weeks before registration for the yaris

• Thanks 1

The date code from the 10th digit does not apply for European cars it is the USA/North America that uses the 10th digit check code.

Thanks Devon Aygo, that's what I have noticed. So, are there any other reliable methods for verifying the date of manufacture of a European  mk IV Yaris? Looking for stamps on plastic parts has already been suggested but I was hoping for some document.

Thanks for responding.

Call your dealer, it will be on the system(s)