Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto folding mirrors not folding when car is locked

Haris1393

Hi everyone,

I own a 2019 Corolla Excel which has auto folding side mirrors. I usually leave the folding feature set to auto, but one time i locked the car with mirrors set to always unfolded. Now, even though I have changed the folding setting back to auto, the mirrors won't fold in when locking the car. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Cheers.

6 hours ago, Haris1393 said:

Hi everyone,

I own a 2019 Corolla Excel which has auto folding side mirrors. I usually leave the folding feature set to auto, but one time i locked the car with mirrors set to always unfolded. Now, even though I have changed the folding setting back to auto, the mirrors won't fold in when locking the car. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Cheers.

The switch from L to R needs to be centered. You might have moved it inadvertently.

With the fold switch fold the mirrors in, the turn the car off, set the switch to the middle (auto) - get out and lock the car - open the car the mirrors should unfold - lock the car, and they should fold out

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/1/2021 at 12:10 AM, Haris1393 said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers.

Hi, I have the same problem here. Have you resolve your problem yet?

On 6/1/2021 at 7:07 AM, john p williams said:

The switch from L to R needs to be centered. You might have moved it inadvertently.

Hi. I have the same problem too. I followed your suggestion however it doesn't work. 

25 minutes ago, Sik said:

Hi. I have the same problem too. I followed your suggestion however it doesn't work. 

See my post above

I wish this was linked to the proximity sensors. I have to fold my mirrors to fit the car in the garage and it's a shame I have to do it manually.

• Like 1

As I park on a drive, I only set mine to auto fold so I can tell if the car is locked easily, but the way MyT bleats at me if I step away from an unlocked car, I might as well disable the auto fold to save the motors!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

See my post above

Thanks for your info.

So I have to press the fold switch to fold the mirrors everytime before turn the car off, and set the mirror switch to "auto", if I want the mirrors auto unfold for the next car on, right?

As my original concept is auto fold if I lock/off the car, and unfold if I unlock/on the car. Just confusing.

Many thanks for any clarification.

You just have to close them once before you get out of the car, they should be automatic from then onwards

if you have a base model, you may just have folding mirrors (not auto closing)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

You just have to close them once before you get out of the car, they should be automatic from then onwards

if you have a base model, you may just have folding mirrors (not auto closing)

Thank you for your advice, but unfortunately my Excel model with auto button still no response when I lock the car after the steps mentioned (normal power open and close still functioning). Maybe I need to call for the service then.

Normally in the auto-position it's either linked to power (So they should shut when you turn the car off) or locks (So they shut then the car is locked). If you didn't have it from new it's possible a previous owner asked the dealer to disable it tho', so might be worth getting them to check the setting (Or you can do it if you have something like Carista)

Sounds like a dealer call, mine fold on locking (excel ts).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/7/2022 at 11:07 AM, Sik said:

Hi, I have the same problem here. Have you resolve your problem yet?

I have same problem 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links