Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Relax Warranty

FROSTYBALLS

See: https://media.toyota.co.uk/2021/06/toyota-relax-a-revolution-in-vehicle-warranty-cover/

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/warranty/toyota-warranty

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-warranty-how-it-works/

From 1st June 2021 new Toyota vehicles are covered by a 3 year/60,000 mile new car warranty, which may be extended by 1 year/10,000 miles up to 10 years/100,000 miles by having the car serviced by a Toyota dealer.

The 10 year/100,000 warranty offer also applies to used cars.

Terms and conditions attached.

Toyota Relax TCs - 25.05.21_tcm-3060-2286757.pdf

• Like 4

Not sure what to make of this especially with the removal of 5 year/100k changed to 3 year/60k on new cars.

So I guess anyone buying a 5 year+ age car as soon as they've bought it if the last service wasn't done by main dealer is to get it serviced by Toyota to reactivate the warranty for 12 months.

• Like 1

Yeah as long as you drive within the mileage restriction and service in the dealer network, it’s a win win for all. Taxis, private hire and all other business users are included, that’s a good deal. 

• Like 1

Subject of a previous topic posted early today - 

• Like 1

Is there a particular reason from dropping down to a 3 year warranty from the previous 5 years? 

The 10 year warranty sounds good but does this mean that you are tied in to servicing at a Toyota dealership to maintain the warranty? 

Whether or not the new scheme is better for customers, I feel that the previous 5 year warranty / 100.000 miles was a much better selling point than the new 3 year / 60,000 miles replacement for Toyota. 

It will be interesting if this new scheme increases or reduces sales for Toyota UK or maybe has no effect at all. 

• Like 1

Then again it puts Toyota on an even standing with Lexus as regards the new car warranty - 3years/60,000 miles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HS78 said:

The 10 year warranty sounds good but does this mean that you are tied in to servicing at a Toyota dealership to maintain the warranty? 

Yes.

• Like 1

... so the vehicle I purchased 3 weeks ago with 4.5 years warranty remaining has been reduced to 2.5 years, unless I get it serviced at a main dealer??

• Like 1

As I read it, 3 year warranty applies to new cars, older cars still have 5 year warranty.

From my point of view having my car serviced at Toyota for a potential 10 year warranty is a good deal.

Also makes selling on the car more attractive to potential buyers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 50p said:

... so the vehicle I purchased 3 weeks ago with 4.5 years warranty remaining has been reduced to 2.5 years, unless I get it serviced at a main dealer??

The 3 year/60,000 mile new car warranty is for vehicles ordered from 1st June 2021. The 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty on vehicles ordered before 1st June 2021 is still valid.

See the topic I linked to earler in this topic.

• Like 1

ok thanks .. sorry, didn't read the earlier link!

17 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Also makes selling on the car more attractive to potential buyers.

Not sure, if you were buying used at 3 years old you would have had a further 2 years warranty, now the warranty has ended and any on-going warranty cover relies on you getting it serviced at the dealers, whereas a lot of used car buyers are likely to take the more economical option of taking it to a local garage or mechanic. 

Be interesting to see what the dealer's servicing costs look like. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AJones said:

Not sure, if you were buying used at 3 years old you would have had a further 2 years warranty, now the warranty has ended and any on-going warranty cover relies on you getting it serviced at the dealers, whereas a lot of used car buyers are likely to take the more economical option of taking it to a local garage or mechanic.

As always though it would be the buyers choice. 

If buying used from a Toyota dealer, the car, depending on age, etc, would probably have something like a 12 month Toyota used warranty on purchase.

• Like 1

I have just seen an advert for a 2019 Lexus which says 'Up to 10 years warranty!'

They were quick off the mark!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AJones said:

Be interesting to see what the dealer's servicing costs look like. 

I can only speak for myself of course but one of the reasons for me buying a Toyota was for the long warranty so I would be more likely to buy another Toyota when I sell my current car. 

I think it is a very shrewd move by Toyota.

Obviously some buyers would not want to use main dealer servicing but you pays your money and you takes your choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HS78 said:

Is there a particular reason from dropping down to a 3 year warranty from the previous 5 years? 

Whether or not the new scheme is better for customers, I feel that the previous 5 year warranty / 100.000 miles was a much better selling point than the new 3 year / 60,000 miles replacement for Toyota. 

It will be interesting if this new scheme increases or reduces sales for Toyota UK or maybe has no effect at all. 

All EU cars have a 3yr/60k standard factory warranty, Toyota UK ( plus other select markets ) paid Toyota EU to top up the warranty to 5 years/100k, with relax launching across the EU the factory warranty still applies and now participating dealers pay a fee to Toyota EU for every eligible car being serviced to top up the warranty annually.

• Like 1

It doesn’t change much for the car owners 5 or 3 years since if you like to be covered best is to stick with dealers servicing, now is just clear, if you want warranty up to 10 years and 100k miles stay with Toyota no matter for what purpose you are using the car and if you are the second, the third or the next owner. Smart move. 

• Like 1

I read the Toyota article & was wondering  what happens if a service was late or missed at any time in the past. Will the new relax policy be applied once its serviced by a Toyota dealer or will one late / miss mean it'll never be eligible again?

It says:-

"The Relax warranty is automatically activated on the completion of a scheduled full or interim vehicle service at an official Toyota centre. By keeping to their vehicle’s service schedule, customers can extend their Relax warranty by an extra 12 months/10,000 miles, year after year, until the 10-year/100,000-mile limit is reached."

So the first sentence seems to say if you take the car to a dealer for a service you get the 12 month / 10,000 mile warranty. The next sentence (I've put in italics) seems to say the car needs to be serviced to schedule?

Just wondered as I've had an early service due to a repair during covid (I had the service done a couple of months early to save going in again) and would like to bring the service schedule back in line with the MOT date (first one next year).

Regards

Jeff

• Like 1

Just heard about this and wonder what others think: I doubt Toyota would do it if the maths didn't work in their favour so I hope it doesn't mean dealer service prices will be going up. But for me, it does de-risk decisions about whether to change the car before the 5-year warranty expires and what to do about extended warranties. I guess also some testament to the faith Toyota have in their engineering and manufacturing.

I tend to take my cars to main dealers in any case, as they've been a bit odd (Citroens when they were Citroens, Subarus, and now hybrids).

Toyota warranty – how Toyota Relax cover works

• Like 1

This is now the third thread on the new Toyota Warranty Scheme. Makes it more difficult to follow through posts.

This sounds like good news. I have my fifth year service due in August & I was thinking about extending my warranty for the next couple of years at least. If I remember rightly, the last time I took out a two year extended warranty, the cost of the MOT & roadside assistance was included, but obviously not wear & tear parts. I reckon the new Relax idea is still a good offer providing service costs aren’t hiked to cover the difference. As it is I’d never take my car to anywhere other than a Toyota dealer so I guess after my next service I shall be automatically covered by this new warranty. Mind you, ever since I’ve driven Toyotas I’ve never had any problem other than my nearly 5 year old 12v Battery giving up during last Winter!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Catlover said:

This is now the third thread on the new Toyota Warranty Scheme. Makes it more difficult to follow through posts.

Nothing in this forum (I checked before posting) but you are of course quite right to make me aware that I failed to check others. My most profound apologies for the inconvenience caused.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Hi Joe, this is the first time I’ve found out about this Relax warranty. When I think about it, the last time I took out an extended 2 year warranty, one of the conditions of the warranty was that I had to have my car serviced by a Toyota dealer. It does concern me that I’m literally getting a free warranty simply by using my Toyota dealer, which I always have done. 🤔

Topics merged.

Topics that affect the Toyota range rather than one model (such as Toyota Relax) tend to be posted in General Discussions, rather than individual clubs.

• Like 1