Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Relax Warranty

FROSTYBALLS

12 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Presumably the leaking damper was covered by the MOT cover of the extended warranty.

Yes that's right. 

Well,  I posted the question on the Toyota UK website and their reply is below.

The electronic parking brake itself is made up of many different components.
If the electronic parking brake fails as a result of a manufacturing defect, it will be covered. If it
is down to wear and tear, it will not be.
This must be determined by your Toyota Centre.

Having read the T&Cs of the warranty I'm not convinced that the above is strictly correct, but nevertheless that was their answer. I notice that someone else asked the same question and received the same answer verbatin from Toyota.

I intend to keep our Avensis for perhaps another 2 years or so and hopefully I'll not have a problem with the EPB, (in fairness its has been totally fine so far) but if I do I shall certainly be quoting the above!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, yossarian247 said:

Well,  I posted the question on the Toyota UK website and their reply is below.

Having read the T&Cs of the warranty I'm not convinced that the above is strictly correct, but nevertheless that was their answer. I notice that someone else asked the same question and received the same answer verbatin from Toyota.

I intend to keep our Avensis for perhaps another 2 years or so and hopefully I'll not have a problem with the EPB, (in fairness its has been totally fine so far) but if I do I shall certainly be quoting the above!

I asked the question as well as you saw!!!  Basically their answer is a non answer!  If there's a problem take it to your garage and they'll decide whether it's covered or not.  Doesn't give much confidence but then I suppose there are lots of variables and they can't say the complete handbrake system is all covered. 

I suspect it covers the electronic element as that's not subject to wear and tear.  As that's the expensive bit, as I understand it, I'm hoping failure of it would be covered but I'm not completely confident.  

I think this demonstrates the need to keep on good terms with your local dealership to get them on your side if  a claim ever needs to be made.

• Like 2

I had the first service on my 1-year-old Corolla Excel 1.8 HB on Friday, done by Toyota dealer Jemca in Reading. It took under 2 hours. Nice experience sitting in the showroom area while I waited, surrounded by Corolla TS, RAV-4, CH-R and Yaris GR 🙂

Good to know 1) the new Relax warranty deal applies, and 2) as does the hybrid warranty, extended by a year. An asset when it comes to selling the car. My current thinking, though, is to use it then (probably in 2023) as part of a leasing deal to acquire a new Toyota: Mirai and hydrogen cell fuel tech catch my eye.

In any case, the revised warranty deal is a smart move by Toyota, good incentive for owners to maintain and build relationship with dealers for servicing (so aiding the picture of a well-maintained warranted car when pricing for sale in the used market) and being exposed to new models on every dealer visit (so increasing the possibility for the dealer to make a new sale at some point). Not good news for indie service businesses, however.

20210618_162510-1903.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Luke717 said:

Good to know 1) the new Relax warranty deal applies, and 2) as does the hybrid warranty, extended by a year.

Probably just standard service documentation.

As yours is a 2020 model, it will still carry the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty, so the Relax warranty/hybrid Battery extended warranty won't apply (eg the new car warranty already covers the hybrid Battery for 5 years/100,000 miles).

5 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As yours is a 2020 model, it will still carry the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty, so the Relax warranty/hybrid battery extended warranty won't apply (eg the new car warranty already covers the hybrid battery for 5 years/100,000 miles).

Yes, I'm thinking primarily of the effect on buyer perception when selling the car after a few years, if I decide to do that.

Noting, too, that the hybrid warranty increases by a year and 10K miles every time you have a scheduled service at a Toyota dealer. Toyota UK says:

In addition to the manufacturer warranty, your Toyota Hybrid battery can benefit from up to 15 years of warranty in total. With every service at a Toyota dealer, the warranty is extended for a further 12 months, up to the 15th year of registration.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/warranty/toyota-warranty

As I understand it, you end up with 15 years/150,000 miles warranty on the hybrid system and Battery after 5 years of scheduled servicing at a dealer. Not bad. This has been the case for a while as I recall discussing it with the dealer in early 2020 when I was considering buying a Corolla, although it appears that it's now wrapped into Relax.

• Like 1

The hybrid Battery extended warranty comes into effect after the new car warranty expires - as the hybrid Battery is already covered under the new car warranty.

So for a 2020 car with a 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty, the 1 year/10,000 mile hybrid Battery extended warranty will come into effect with the first service due when the new car warranty is about to expire, and it will be extended by a further 1 year/10,000 miles with every further service up to when the car reaches 15 years of age.

• Like 1

Got it. The devil's in the detail... 😈

1 hour ago, Luke717 said:

Got it. The devil's in the detail... 😈

I dint understand, what do you mean?

• Confused 1

So, what mysterious element was in what FBalls wrote?

18 minutes ago, Catlover said:

So, what mysterious element was in what FBalls wrote?

It's an expression. I often use it when understanding something requires more information, in this case the detail FBalls provided. Don't fret it, Joe, it's just a phrase.

Basically he's saying: "It depends"

Looks like the jury is still out then on this new Toyota relax warranty.

In my case I was just looking to get the extended warranty. Free MOT, Breakdown cover and a perhaps superior warranty that covers more items. Plus use the 5 + Club to get 20% off services and MOT.

So it would have meant signing up for more things (paperwork and labour involved) but maybe better service?

Looks like it all evens out. Less paperwork and labour for TOYOTA so perhaps benefits them?

• Like 1

Did you have to pay for the extended warranty?

• Like 1

Well, I think the warranty of Toyota avanza is enough, at least for most people.

But if extending warranty is price-acceptable, it is not bad.🤗

• 3 weeks later...

The web site in the UK still says they have a Price Promise, to match any service within 10 miles that use Toyota parts. 

Will this still be the case with Relax, as this would you assume limit the ability to increase service costs too high?

36 minutes ago, Chuck12345 said:

The web site in the UK still says they have a Price Promise, to match any service within 10 miles that use Toyota parts. 

Will this still be the case with Relax, as this would you assume limit the ability to increase service costs too high?

As Relax was introduced on 1st June - over six weeks ago - presumably the Price Promise is still effective, though to be certain you would need to check with Toyota.

Does this new scheme apply to existing vehicles? Mine is 6 years old this September, and when I purchased it, had 5 year/100k warranty and "up to" 11 years on the HV pack. Does this mean as long as I continue to get it serviced with Toyota, the warranty period is also extended???

Second question: what's covered (or not)?

I think it is until a vehicle is 10 years old.

36 minutes ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Does this new scheme apply to existing vehicles? Mine is 6 years old this September, and when I purchased it, had 5 year/100k warranty and "up to" 11 years on the HV pack. Does this mean as long as I continue to get it serviced with Toyota, the warranty period is also extended???

Second question: what's covered (or not)?

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-warranty-how-it-works/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@CatloverGreat! Thanks for the link! 😃 😎

• Thanks 1

Pleased to be of help.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update;

Prices of servicing went up for me. £35 more for each, intermediate and full. Not too happy about that. Was told the reason for the increase was because of TOYOTA RELAX.

Wish I signed up for a service plan prior to all this but of course I did not have advance knowledge of all these changes TOYOTA GB eventually decided to make. 

Regarding coverage was told by TOYOTA GB engine and transmission is covered. I sure am hoping that means everything, except of course, wear and tear items.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WazWii said:

Just an update;

Prices of servicing went up for me. £35 more for each, intermediate and full. Not too happy about that. Was told the reason for the increase was because of TOYOTA RELAX.

Wish I signed up for a service plan prior to all this but of course I did not have advance knowledge of all these changes TOYOTA GB eventually decided to make. 

Regarding coverage was told by TOYOTA GB engine and transmission is covered. I sure am hoping that means everything, except of course, wear and tear items.

I had my Prius intermediate service done late June 2021 and the price charged was the same as previous. Toyota dealers are independent, so, check with another dealer and you could find they charge differently.

You said your dealer told you the price rise was due to RELAX. They would say that, takes the blame away.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links