Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adaptive cruise & speed limit tolerance

StreetHawk

I've got a couple of questions for Corolla Hybrid owners, I haven't got the handbook yet so can't look these up..

Can you set the adaptive cruise control in 1mph increments? It looks like you can only set in 5's.

Can you adjust the tolerance of the speed limit display so if you creep over 70 it doesn't go red, set the tolerance to 73 say?

Thanks all..

Just to note - you can download the full owners manual from My Toyota.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StreetHawk said:

I've got a couple of questions for Corolla Hybrid owners, I haven't got the handbook yet so can't look these up..

Can you set the adaptive cruise control in 1mph increments? It looks like you can only set in 5's.

Can you adjust the tolerance of the speed limit display so if you creep over 70 it doesn't go red, set the tolerance to 73 say?

Thanks all..

Adaptive speed control is in 5mph increments but when you first enable it it will use the speed you are at. The it goes up to nearest 5 or 10.

You can set the over limit red in 1,3 or 5 (ithink) I have it permanently set to 5.

BUT the adaptive speed control over limit alarm is permanently set to 1.2mph. And in hilly areas it goes off like there is no tomorrow as it can't seem to cope(4 bongs).

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PACorolla said:

Adaptive speed control is in 5mph increments but when you first enable it it will use the speed you are at. The it goes up to nearest 5 or 10.

You can set the over limit red in 1,3 or 5 (ithink) I have it permanently set to 5.

BUT the adaptive speed control over limit alarm is permanently set to 1.2mph. And in hilly areas it goes off like there is no tomorrow as it can't seem to cope(4 bongs).

Very helpful, thanks for this.

Just done my first extended motorway journey where time and traffic flow demand speed over economy. At every speed above 40 I had to set ACC to limit plus 5.

With 75 the true speed was 69-70.  45 gave a true speed of 41.  PITA as the limit was always red. 

Often one mph off...

If I set mine to 75mph (hypothetically of course!), it often drives at (displays) 74mph, even on the flat. Anyone else have this?  

A workaround would be to click it up to 76 so it drives at 75 but not possible as only 65/70/75 etc available on +/- keys - and disengaging cruise control altogether to set it again at say 76 is a faff.   

Hope this isn't hijacking the thread - it is kinda related!

Mine is the same, often cruises at 1mph under the set speed, seems odd! 

The same applies in speedlimiter mode. Getting up to that last mph can take ages. In speedlimiter mode you can increase/decrease by 1mph.

On 6/2/2021 at 9:42 PM, Roy124 said:

Just done my first extended motorway journey where time and traffic flow demand speed over economy. At every speed above 40 I had to set ACC to limit plus 5.

Why 'had'? Just set the speed you want and let other people deal with it. Anyone who can't handle a 10% variance from the limit in other vehicles has no business being on the road in the first place.

I've also often seen the car sit 1mph below the set figure with no traffic in front.

• Like 1

Setting the ACC speed at 70 or 75 (or any speed) is not really an issue given that the speedos in all makes of cars are designed to overstate the speed you are actually doing (a 'safety' factor to avoid litigation against manufacturers?).  If every other car around you has the same/similar relative discrepancy then surely the only minor 1st world issue is willing the car to get that final 1 mph on the display (or is it 1 mph before adjusting down for the discrepancy %?😉).  

• Like 1