Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New owner questions

RobN-RG

I also had a look at the recall checker and none show for mine - but due to the mix-up, it may not be in the right state for me to verify.

Basically my dealer got had two Launch Editions.  One mine, one as a demonstrator.  The put my plates on the demonstrator by mistake.  A customer came in and wanted one, and instead of being told December for the next one off the line, they were sold the demonstrator (which wasn't yet registered).  If they hadn't sold it, it would have been an easy fix - their demonstrator would have had a few extra miles.  

They are contacting the DVLA to get the Reg/VIN combination corrected and a new V5 issued.  I'll have to sign all the paperwork again - forms/finance etc, as everything I signed is for the car that is still in their compound and not the car I've been driving.

Sorry I should have phrased it better, A recall is usually a safety issue vs a TSB recall that usually covers a certain production 

ABS - TSB: 21SMD-039

Model (WMI): Yaris HV (VNK); VIN Range: KBAC3# 0A000502 - 0A147621; Model year: 2020~2021.

The affected vehicles were manufactured between 6 July 2020 and 28 April 2021.

The software of the Skid control ECU (Electronic Control Unit) which monitors and controls various functions related to the brake system may be defective. As a result, the electronic parking brake could become inoperative, increasing the risk of an accident.

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Sorry I should have phrased it better, A recall is usually a safety issue vs a TSB recall that usually covers a certain production 

ABS - TSB: 21SMD-039

Model (WMI): Yaris HV (VNK); VIN Range: KBAC3# 0A000502 - 0A147621; Model year: 2020~2021.

The affected vehicles were manufactured between 6 July 2020 and 28 April 2021.

The software of the Skid control ECU (Electronic Control Unit) which monitors and controls various functions related to the brake system may be defective. As a result, the electronic parking brake could become inoperative, increasing the risk of an accident.

Is this software responsible forl the "Hybrid system malfunction" problems some owner's are experiencing do you know?

I don't think so, it's looking like it may be an issue with the DCM (see the previous page in this thread)

• Like 1

Mine was built in May - so outside of that VIN range. 

An update, the recall showing on the Toyota UK website is for "anti skid" with the brakes, or that's what i was told anyway, booked my car in to have it done in a couple of weeks.

As for the DCM fault, do they get in touch with us, or do we get in touch with them?

They will get in touch with you in the same way as they have already.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Catlover said:

They will get in touch with you in the same way as they have already.

Err... I have one slight issue with that! I had to call THEM and inquire when they were going to contact me about it! (and yes, my VIN is within the range you quoted)

21 minutes ago, CPN said:

Err... I have one slight issue with that! I had to call THEM and inquire when they were going to contact me about it! (and yes, my VIN is within the range you quoted)

Same here as well. Thank goodness for forums. Would never have known about it if it wasn't for this.

The DVSA recall checker does have some detail on what recalls are for - 

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall

Currently 2 recalls are showing for 2020 Yaris (which may include the previous generation) - one for the rear centre seat belt and one for a headlight fault. None for 2021 Yaris.

Couple of things to bear in mind re recalls is that

1). the system relies on owners to report issues

2). if there are enough reports an investigation is launched with the manufacturer - if not, then the matter isn't investigated

3). only safety issues are considered for recall action

4). until a couple of years ago, recalls weren't announced until the manufacturer had sufficient replacement parts, etc to begin the recall. However, now DVSA announce recalls as soon as it is decided this action is appropriate, regardless of whether the manufacturer actually has the parts to undertake the recall.

5). if a recall is announced, DVSA get DVLA to supply owner addresses to enable the manufacturer to make contact re affected cars.

For issues which either aren't safety related or which haven't been investigated, the manufacturer may address the issue through service bulletins or similar via the dealer network. This is where owners aren't formally written to, and issues are picked up through servicing, etc.

An example of how manufacturers handle issues differently is when the Joint Venture which made the Aygo/C1/107, found that on some cars a front cross member was of too thin a metal. Toyota corrected the issue on affected cars at the manufacturing plant, and PSA dealt with it through their dealer network as part of their service bulletin system.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.3e6963ae3612c553752e2d4c34333fb7.png

I don't see any kind of detail there from the gov.uk recall checker....

image.thumb.png.20ee176f77fd8c5ed7691f8b0343a935.png

...and the Toyota UK site is no better...

My search was by model (Yaris and Yaris HV) and year rather than registration number as I don't have a Yaris - but as I said the two recalls identified may be for the previous generation which was on sale through part of 2020.

On 6/14/2021 at 1:44 PM, flash22 said:

Let me guess, it's DCM aka Data communications module, fault

TSB issued 11/06/2021 BE-00495T-TME

Bob, is there any chance of getting either a screen shot or copy of this TSB please? My dealer wants to refer to it with Toyota GB...

The dealer will have access to it on Euro 5/6 through the portal - its paid access, what it I don't have at the moment

A Brief description is..........................

19 Data Communication Module, Multiple issues (DTC B15C464, DTC B15A804 & ROB 2210)

i will pm you a link to relevant info

• Thanks 1

Just got this back from my local dealer's service department....

"Afternoon, so Rich our tech has pulled the info, as I suspected, the TSB isn’t a “recall” instead a procedure/update to follow which is a software update, should, a vehicle have certain symptoms,

That said, the update can be carried out proactively. So, if you would like us to do it, I can add it to the job on the 30th?

We shouldn’t have a problem completing the work any later than 5pm, many thanks"

Which is great news so I will get the Skid Control and the DCM problems sorted at the same time. All I can suggest to everyone else is, be assertive with your local dealer! 😀

Excuse the repeat post but I thought it appropriate to post this in both threads.