Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris 2016 hybrid fuel consumption to high

JanisLP

22 minutes ago, MagicBoy said:

That's 35mpg average then. Which is low. Driving style can have something to do with it.

Engine will sound a bit different to a conventional car when started up - it's running a warmup cycle to get heat into the engine as soon as possible. It's trying to make heat, not performance.

yapp.when the hot engine then no more this rubbish empty bucket sound,feels like its some thing - like starter for petrol engine,starting with weird noise. 

1 hour ago, JanisLP said:

yapp.when the hot engine then no more this rubbish empty bucket sound,feels like its some thing - like starter for petrol engine,starting with weird noise. 

Hi, you most likely have detached a heat shield along the exhaust or exhaust bracket or perhaps your car has fitted catalytic converter plate and possibly is touching the exhaust somewhere, since the cold engine is running at higher rpm and more vibration can eventually touch any of these or make them rattle. You can point that to the mechanics who will get your car check soon. But that’s will have no impact on your fuel consumption. 
Good luck 

• Like 1

If the car is running idle with a fully heated engine, can you smell unburned fuel in the exhaust? If a sensor is broken, engine management can be confused, and puts in more fuel than needed. 

8 hours ago, nielshm said:

If the car is running idle with a fully heated engine, can you smell unburned fuel in the exhaust? If a sensor is broken, engine management can be confused, and puts in more fuel than needed. 

no any smell of petrol. can be sensor broken .yapp. 

Hi,repair servicing is finished now,but i dont know,last what toyota guy said,this is just normal if on hybrid could engine starts like tumble dryer. 🤣 ?

1 hour ago, JanisLP said:

Hi,repair servicing is finished now,but i dont know,last what toyota guy said,this is just normal if on hybrid could engine starts like tumble dryer. 🤣 ?

Hi, you can record a video how exactly happens that and share with us, we will look at it and let you know for sure if there is anything to worry about. Yea, it is normal for Toyota hybrids to start with shake, thumbs and jerks sometimes, even knocks which are not pleasant but part of the whole experience. Mpg should be good now with the hot weather currently. 50-60mpg. 👌

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, you can record a video how exactly happens that and share with us, we will look at it and let you know for sure if there is anything to worry about. Yea, it is normal for Toyota hybrids to start with shake, thumbs and jerks sometimes, even knocks which are not pleasant but part of the whole experience. Mpg should be good now with the hot weather currently. 50-60mpg. 👌

yes,when im driving normal now does not push too much pedal then showing 62.8 mpg, when pushing more,it goes from 41 - 35 mpg ,but i think its just normal,if you want to get speed up ! 👍  and for weird sounding need to wait cold weather !!! 😉

• Thanks 1

Hi. I am getting regularly 66+ mpg on my urban commute. Sometimes over 70mpg. My best so far was over 80mpg on an urban commute of just under 10 miles. See photo below.

I’ve got a 2016 Auris Excel hybrid hatchback with just 11000 miles on the clock. I bought it a month ago, coming from a 2010 1.6 diesel Focus hatchback which I’d run for nearly 7 years. I’ve been delighted with my Auris hybrid so far. It’s the right tool for the job for an urban commute, and it suits me down to the ground. 

C077655A-034D-4904-B6FB-72B7E7E0C2FF.jpeg

• Like 3

I leave mine in normal mode. I don’t bother with engine braking B mode or fiddle with anything. I just drive it sensibly, light right foot, and read the road well ahead. I drive it differently to my old diesel Focus, but within a month of owning it, I’ve got the hang of how to drive a hybrid. It changes my style of driving and my choices of roads too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaddyBaddy said:

Hi. I am getting regularly 66+ mpg on my urban commute. Sometimes over 70mpg. My best so far was over 80mpg on an urban commute of just under 10 miles. See photo below.

I’ve got a 2016 Auris Excel hybrid hatchback with just 11000 miles on the clock. I bought it a month ago, coming from a 2010 1.6 diesel Focus hatchback which I’d run for nearly 7 years. I’ve been delighted with my Auris hybrid so far. It’s the right tool for the job for an urban commute, and it suits me down to the ground. 

C077655A-034D-4904-B6FB-72B7E7E0C2FF.jpeg

If very carefully,slowly driving then ,yes,can be 60 mpg, but use a bit faster at town,just push to GO !!! then is 35 - 41 mpg, but this is justnormal. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links