Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Anyone Shed Some Light On This...

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Has anyone noticed, I have anyway, on the majority of aygos I see on the road, especially the mk1 and mk2 its always the drivers side headlight that deteriorates, the passenger lamp is usually almost perfect.

Why is that?

I've noticed it on other makes and models. Usually the older cars I agree. 

It makes me wonder

Anybody??

Can't say I've ever noticed that.

It’s probably the way they are angled away from oncoming traffic makes one appear brighter than the other

19 hours ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Has anyone noticed, I have anyway, on the majority of aygos I see on the road, especially the mk1 and mk2 its always the drivers side headlight that deteriorates, the passenger lamp is usually almost perfect.

Why is that?

I've noticed it on other makes and models. Usually the older cars I agree. 

It makes me wonder

How do you mean “deteriorates” - do you mean gone cloudy, or it’s clear but not as bright, or something else.

On my car happens same, the driver side had clouded more than the left one and I know the reason, the way I park is against the sun and the left light get a bit more sun shed from the house 🏡 and been less exposed. 

• Like 1

It's also to do with the way the reflector is aimed, we drive on the left, so the lights are aimed left

• Like 1

Hi aygo lovers,

Apologies, I meant to describe it as cloudy, or yellowing.

Looking at the responses I'm still a little unconvinced, direction of reflectors, exposure to sun etc, its just so strange, the drivers side clouds to the point it looks like it needs replacement rather than a polish when compared to the passenger side. Crazy!

The type of plastic used degrades over time so cars are worse than others, it also depends what sort of roads it has driven on and how it's been looked after

Most of you are from UK and it would seem as if what Sam says applies to UK owned cars with right hand drive and therefore right headlight but I can confirm that here in Sweden our left hand drive Aygo had its driver's side (that is left hand side) headlight that turned yellow first. I think I know why as far as our Aygo is concerned. We always parked it next to the garage wall, length wise. The passenger side (right side) was always under the shade of the wall but the left side got full blast of the sun, making the plastic headlight yellow on that side. I sanded it down and polished it and then applied sealant. Good as new.

Life’s too short 😀

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Life’s too short 😀

And shorter it will be if you can not see at night! 😃