Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wind Noise

rav4-user

I contacted a Toyota dealership and took my car there twice. They said it was a characteristic of the model, so basically i should expect to hear wind noise 
I then filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau athttps://www.bbb.org/us/tx/plano/profile/auto-manufacturers/toyota-motor-north-america-inc-0875-90537346
(File Complaint button). I got a case manager assigned, and when speaking to him, i mentioned that i read forum reviews like yours, and they told me they dont pay attention to those as everybody can have their own opinion. Really?? We pay over 34K and that's the response? I told the case manager i refused to believe that the millions of RAV4's sold all had the same wind noise that i have, but there was no compromise. They have the parts to fix it, it is just not in their interest from what i observed.
BBB complaints are these for a while, and Toyota Corporate usually replies in writing.
I would recommend everyone with wind noise problems to file a complaint just like what i did.

1 hour ago, rav4-user said:

I then filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau

Split from 9 year old topic.

Toyota Owners Club is UK based and the majority of members are in the UK - a US based complaints bureau is only relevant to a very small percentage of our membership.

Noise of any kind is so subjective and must to an extent be a function of individuals audio hearing profile and sensitivity.  I’ve often found that once I’ve tuned into a particular sound my brain speaks it out and the more I try to ignore it the worse it appears.  The mind worm lives just like a tune that sometimes hangs around in ones head all day.

A complaint 9 years ago would likely be a very different model…

• 2 months later...

What year is your RAV4?  If there is a solution available will you please tell us all the part #'s, and did it help?

The original poster, RAV4-user, joined TOC on June 3rd 2021, made 1 post, not returned since. Make you own decisions why he is not visiting TOC, especially after originating a post.

My take on what he says, if you buy a vehicle that is based on boxes put together, you not likely to get a vehicle cutting through the air nicely and therefore expect wind noise. That’s why Concorde was designed like a dart. That’s why Prius has low drag friction, it’s design.

Exactly so. All design is compromise and we have a vehicle not designed to be luxurious but designed to be fuel efficient. So the glass is thin, the aerodynamics efficient but probably turbulent in places, the body panels as light as practicable, a minimum of heavy sound deadening materials etc. It is also necessary in the market place to have a style which is pleasing aesthetically and accommodating for interior space. This leaves the car buyer free to select the vehicle which has the least compromises for his/her particular preferences, it will never be perfect. 

On 6/3/2021 at 9:24 PM, rav4-user said:

I told the case manager i refused to believe that the millions of RAV4's sold all had the same wind noise that i have, but there was no compromise.

The question is why would some be more noisy as cars are identical ( assuming roof bars etc are not fitted )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links