Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Faulty Radio

TerryHoops

Good morning all

I am currently in search of a replacement radio. The code on the face of my radio is 13845 (This is displayed next to MP3) Although the majority of the radios that I can find in the second hand market is 13821. Does anyone know what these codes mean? and whether this radio would be compatible? 

Appreciate any help 

Terry

On 6/5/2021 at 11:52 AM, TerryHoops said:

Good morning all

I am currently in search of a replacement radio. The code on the face of my radio is 13845 (This is displayed next to MP3) Although the majority of the radios that I can find in the second hand market is 13821. Does anyone know what these codes mean? and whether this radio would be compatible? 

Appreciate any help 

Terry

Hmmm... This is a tough one, as the different ID-numbers hints that they are indeed different, BUT...it does not say if its just a different color on the frontfacia or if it has more or less functionality thatn the other one.

The best way is to get pictures of the rear of the units and compare plugs... IF...the plugs are identical, as these raiod are fairly straight forward, it should work.

I have extensive knowledge about the ID-numbers on Toyota's headunits, but unfortunately the ID's for LHD cars, that i'm more familiar with are different 🙂

@TerryHoops

13816 and 13821 are pre 08/2010

13844 is 08/10-05/14

13845 is 08/2010 onwards

13845 - Toyota part number 86120-52C80

It, maybe cheaper and more convenient to go the aftermarket route, tho the fascia is a bit pricey

Not sure if https://www.dndservices.co.uk/

can do a repair for you

• 2 years later...

Fascia is cheap aint pricey! I replaced the factory head unit which is what you had; I replaced it with an Alpine ILX702D best decision I ever made, as far as head units go. Sounds fantastic and looks sweet, interior looks updated, never was really naff anyway. 1 criticism is the silver fascia trim that goes round the head unit and air vents would look better black. But the aftermarket fascia looks exactly same as the standard 1 (which obviously is shaped to accommodate the standard head unit that was replaced). Another critique not relevant for the head unit but just in general  are the gauges - it would be better if there were more info displayed better like I know you can see mpg average and current etc but it’s a one button push to change displays and looks 

Alpine ILX702D in Toyota Urban Cruiser

IMG_5232.jpeg

IMG_5229.jpeg

IMG_5227.jpeg

IMG_5222.jpeg

Subject.png

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links