Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2015 pollen filter

steve181

I have a 2015 Aygo and bought a pollen filter,  I have removed the glove compartment but cannot seem to find find where to fit it. All images and videos online I have seen do not seem to be the same and its totally confusing 

Edit. Its up under the dash on the passenger side, no glove box removal required

around 40s mark aygo's are all the same apart from LHD (its just reverse)

21 minutes ago, steve181 said:

I have a 2015 Aygo and bought a pollen filter,  I have removed the glove compartment but cannot seem to find find where to fit it. All images and videos online I have seen do not seem to be the same and its totally confusing 

Somewhere i have read that if your Aygo doesn't have a AC system it doesn't have a pollen filter the area where it normally is positioned is blanked off 

Is this true or am I just dreaming ??

Download the full owners manual from - https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

Should be on page 339 or thereabouts. No need to remove the glovebox.

Or see:  https://youtu.be/fn72pvKolnk

11 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Isnt it at floor level behind the heater box (center console), but then again i may be thinking of another car

Cannot see it but have just read that if it hasn't got AC it may not have one or am I just dreaming

No A/c, No filter

I edited my post above.

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Download the full owners manual from - https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

Should be on page 339 or thereabouts. No need to remove the glovebox.

Or see:  https://youtu.be/fn72pvKolnk

Thanks Frostyballs will take a look totally confused but hopefully this will help

Just now, flash22 said:

No A/c, No filter

Thanks Flash thought I wasn't dreaming or mis reading it , thank you for your reply

In my case for my Daihatsu Sirion 2006 my mechanic told me that my car does not have a filter.

In reality the place where you put the filter is not cut out from the factory from the rest of the assembly and you have to cut it out yourself ( there is an indentation as a guide line  ) and then install the clip-on door.

I had to do a lot of deep searching on the web and YouTube to find out what I had to do even though everybody I asked were telling me my car does not have an AC filter.

I cut a door with an exacto-knife, bought a filter, installed the door, job done. Imagine in 15 years one found out how to install a filter ( or cared to install one )

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, steve181 said:

Somewhere i have read that if your Aygo doesn't have a AC system it doesn't have a pollen filter the area where it normally is positioned is blanked off 

Is this true or am I just dreaming ??

That's true - no AC = no pollen filter.

But the mod  @Biomecanoid mentions to modify the glovebox to fit one also applies to the Aygo.

Steve, you just need to fit an air con unit, complete with gas. Nice little weekend pc task for you . 😎

2 hours ago, Biomecanoid said:

In my case for my Daihatsu Sirion 2006 my mechanic told me that my car does not have a filter.

In reality the place where you put the filter is not cut out from the factory from the rest of the assembly and you have to cut it out yourself ( there is an indentation as a guide line  ) and then install the clip-on door.

I had to do a lot of deep searching on the web and YouTube to find out what I had to do even though everybody I asked were telling me my car does not have an AC filter.

I cut a door with an exacto-knife, bought a filter, installed the door, job done. Imagine in 15 years one found out how to install a filter ( or cared to install one )

Good job done! This is the most important filter in any car , protecting driver and passengers from pollution and dust. Very strange decision from Toyota not to include one, cost cutting perhaps. A worthy diy project for any aygo without ac. 👍

24 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Good job done! This is the most important filter in any car , protecting driver and passengers from pollution and dust. Very strange decision from Toyota not to include one, cost cutting perhaps. A worthy diy project for any aygo without ac. 👍

I don't think is a DIY Mod its just how they decided to do it. Just like when you have a PC and you have to break off the aluminum back cover of the PCIE slot when you wish to install a card

• Like 1

The blower housing is the same to cut down on production costs one has a door the other doesn't, some after market filters come with the door/tray

28732229_Aygofilterhousing.thumb.jpg.db39b142c0d78c5884b3b62bba7a87e6.jpg

367697820_Aygofiltercabin.thumb.jpg.c1aac5b32aa438247a99fed898c33d1c.jpg

The Sirion is more like a yaris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links