Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tilt Alarm problem or theft alarm

Bec123

Hi,

I am posting here as my Toyota dealership doesn't seem to know how to deal with the problem that I have. I have a second hand Toyota Auris 2018, with 5200 miles on the clock. When I brought it, on advice from my seller, I had a catlock and a tilt sensor fitted. Since then either the tilt sensor or the tilt alarm goes off spontaneously (I am not sure which one is causing the problem). When they did the work I was only given information about the catlock and not the tilt alarm. I have no idea what it would sound like when it goes off. I have no instructions or paperwork relating to this alarm. I went in today and was given advice which doesn't fit. They claim that the tilt alarm must be the cause of the problem as I have to get into the car and start it, to turn it off. However, I can see from the instruction booklet for the car, that it seems the burglar alarm might need either to be turned off by pressing the key, or it might need me to start the engine. Any way, the alarm is sometimes going off repeatedly at night!!! Needless to say, I am getting quite desperate (what must the neighbours think of this?!) as the dealership don't seem to have the knowledge to give me a helpful answer! I'd like to be able to disable it for good it is such a pain in the neck. 

I hope you will be able to give me some useful information, and look forward to hearing from you. 

Bec123

Hello!

Who did the job and when? On modern cars majority of modifications require programming the car computer to work properly.

Hi, 

It was done by a Toyota dealer on 4th May. The damn thing is driving me mad. It has gone off 6 x in the last hour!

I am having it taken out tomorrow but I expect I wont get my money back

get a receipt from the dealership for the removal and then talk to their head office

regarding whats happened and that you want to be re imbursed by the dealership,

if you have no joy then you can take it toyota uk and put a complaint about the dealership

toyota uk's phone number is 01737 363633

i hope you get the outcome you want

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links