Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Rav4 Rattle noise in neutral

Beachcombing99

Hi There, First time posting here. Looking to see if others have expirienced an issue Im having. I recently purchased a 38k one owner 2011 Rav4 from a dealers. Ive noticed a rattle when in neutral between tickover and 2000rpm. This disappears if you press the clutch. It also rattles when driving if your in a high gear / low rev situation ( sounds simmilar to pinking) The dealer has fitted a new clutch, release bearing, and dual mass flywheel under warranty. The car is still making the noise (at least at tickover I haven't driven it since) They still have it and are investigating. Im curious as to what this could be. I didn't expect such a low mileage toyota to give trouble. My last mk2 vvti was bomp proof.

I had this problem on my 03, thought it was flywheel but turned out to be bearing in gearbox, got a m8 to service box and renew oil, now rattle is gone 

Thanks for the reply. Seems mine has the same issue. Dealer has confirmed gearbox overhaul required. Im shocked with it being such a low mile car...

Seems it may be a common problem, although fresh oil has solved mine and hopefully same for you