Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thoughts after two months with our Prius 2018 PHV

HSDish

(In Swedish the word for "thoughts" is "tankar" which is the same word as for refuel 🙂 so... )

We have now (after two monts) driven our Prius 2018 PHV 5567 km (3459 miles I think) mixed driving in -7C to +18C outside temp and the AC set at 22 C, and filled it up four times and our "Fuelio" app says the car has consumed 1.77L/100km average ( 159.59 Br. MPG I think) and 73% of the total drive in EV mode.

Drove 50km (31 miles I think) on one charge , mixed driving 50 km/h - 100km/h in +14C outside temp yesterday.

Think thats quite good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That’s impressive! Well done. This type of vehicles phev are really good for specific group of people that drive mostly on short distance and occasional long drives, I wonder how beneficial will be for me if I have one of these ., my drive will be 80% in hybrid mode and 20% pure ev eventually since this percentage actually represents my driving needs motorways and town. Recent warm weather my old Auris is doing excellent, once I am in town can drive in pure ev for ages however with ac running Battery goes down quickly, here a car like yours will be so beneficial. , and in Uk they are same price as standard Prius on the used car market😉👌 sounds like a great buy to me. 🚗🔋

• Like 3

On 6/9/2021 at 4:28 PM, TonyHSD said:

That’s impressive! Well done. This type of vehicles phev are really good for specific group of people that drive mostly on short distance and occasional long drives, I wonder how beneficial will be for me if I have one of these ., my drive will be 80% in hybrid mode and 20% pure ev eventually since this percentage actually represents my driving needs motorways and town. Recent warm weather my old Auris is doing excellent, once I am in town can drive in pure ev for ages however with ac running battery goes down quickly, here a car like yours will be so beneficial. , and in Uk they are same price as standard Prius on the used car market😉👌 sounds like a great buy to me. 🚗🔋

Thats us :-) (at least for now)

Our most common trips are up to (and a bit abowe/moore than) 50km (31 miles I think) in moderate speeds and some 200 km ( 124 miles I think ) trips, at mixed (some highway speed), about two or three times a months.

We use to drive quite gently and often when there isn´t so much traffic so we dont need to accelerate that much

• Thanks 1

Now i no longer have the daily commute, most of my trips are fully EV.  Even in winter using the heated seats and air source heat pump.  

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links