Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Aygo New Owner Questions

DarrenM

Hi all. A few observations/questions please.

I've just bought a 62 plate Aygo fire with AC. I sold my 52 Lupo GTI and replaced it with this for a few reasons including son learning to drive and the Birmingham ULEZ.

It's got 39k and was serviced at 38k. I haven't got a record of what they changed so is it likely that they just did an interim service with oil and filter change? The car is a bit slow and sometimes doesn't pull quite as well as you expect. 

It's a bit lumpy on tickover. With the AC on it seems to go up and down 100 rpm every 30 seconds. Also the engine tends to vibrate a fair bit in the engine bay and transmits into the car a bit.

You have to be a bit rough with the accelerator and clutch when pulling away. The clutch is a bit harder than expected but not massively. I'm not sure if it's just how they are or the engine needs some TLC or the clutch is on the way out. Do they tend to need new clutches at 39k? As it's low mileage I expect lots of town small journeys so more clutch operations.

Cheers.

they are a bit rough and a/c on makes it worse ...may well improve if you do the spark plugs etc  which wouldnt be a bad idea anyway

alot of people struggle to get used to the clutch , theyre not the easiest , some do need clutches at low miles if its had a young driver owning it before , if it goes into gear without crunching its prob ok , they are manually adjustable so have a fiddle with that it may improve the feel

4 minutes ago, steveo3002 said:

they are a bit rough and a/c on makes it worse ...may well improve if you do the spark plugs etc  which wouldnt be a bad idea anyway

alot of people struggle to get used to the clutch , theyre not the easiest , some do need clutches at low miles if its had a young driver owning it before , if it goes into gear without crunching its prob ok , they are manually adjustable so have a fiddle with that it may improve the feel

Thanks. I'll give it a full service myself. The gear change is perfect so maybe the clutch is OK.