Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loose rattle

fc919

Hello, have you guys suffered from a rattle noise coming from the dash? It sounds like a loose bit of plastic or rock that moves around when going over bumps, around roundabouts, braking or accelerating quickly. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you 

• 2 months later...

Ever find out what caused the rattle? I bought a new C-HR in January and is full of random rattle noises… very poor build quality from Toyota.

Have you checked it’s not something in glovebox or rolling around on the floor? Check door pockets also.

On 8/15/2021 at 3:44 PM, Jmike72 said:

I bought a new C-HR in January

Please update your profile.

10 hours ago, Starensis said:

Have you checked it’s not something in glovebox or rolling around on the floor? Check door pockets also.

Removed everything I had in the car long time ago... not a single "third party" inside the car and still have rattles everywhere.

Have a squeaky noise on the driver seat that the dealer couldn't fix, as well as a noise coming from the boot when passing over a bump and at times even when when turning (a Toyota Ireland mechanic says is normal).

Then I have all these interior rattles, one from the mirror box that hides the cameras, from the driver side speaker grill, A pillar (seems they fixed it now), random driver door noise, B pillar, passenger seat adjustment lever (fixed now), random noises from the dashboard in front of driver, center console (this one started a week ago)...

While I appreciate most of them are random, haven't seen any interest from the dealer or Toyota Ireland in having them fixed.

10 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Please update your profile.

Done, didn't even noticed had my old car there 🙂

It’s annoying when squeaks and rattles are picked up. I personally hate having them. That said, my 2018 model is great. Only noise I have is from after market wind deflectors expanding and contracting in the heat.

Most noises are where components or part labels are touching. Toyota though are normally pretty good in designing these out.

The rear rattle could be tailgate side buffers ( ones fixed to body ). It’s a common issue along with boot trims. 
I wouldn’t give up on dealer fixing them. Possibly being fobbed off in Ireland. Speak to customer relations also and air your disappointment of the quality and dealer.

2 hours ago, Starensis said:

It’s annoying when squeaks and rattles are picked up. I personally hate having them. That said, my 2018 model is great. Only noise I have is from after market wind deflectors expanding and contracting in the heat.

Most noises are where components or part labels are touching. Toyota though are normally pretty good in designing these out.

The rear rattle could be tailgate side buffers ( ones fixed to body ). It’s a common issue along with boot trims. 
I wouldn’t give up on dealer fixing them. Possibly being fobbed off in Ireland. Speak to customer relations also and air your disappointment of the quality and dealer.

Boot noise they changed the buffers on one side on the 2nd repair, but after 2 days I was there again and on the 3rd attempt to fix the issue added silicone, but noise came up after a few weeks. Toyota guy says some noises from the boot are due to some internal deflectors to move water away from the body and to allow air inside the cabin, and others are the hook to lock the boot that needs to have some gap and boot ends up "jumping" when passing over a speed bump for example. This is BS to me...

I've emailed and phoned Toyota Ireland to lodge a formal complaint on the bad customer service, and they just told me someone will call me next week, as that person is on holidays! I knew that person was off and specifically asked for someone else to take over the problem and call me, but this is the kind of bad service Toyota Ireland provides...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 8:19 PM, fc919 said:

Hello, have you guys suffered from a rattle noise coming from the dash? It sounds like a loose bit of plastic or rock that moves around when going over bumps, around roundabouts, braking or accelerating quickly. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you 

I traced my similar rattle to the faux leather pad across the dash top. Holding it down stops the noise. How to stop it all the time? I have no idea. 

On 8/17/2021 at 8:06 AM, Jmike72 said:

Removed everything I had in the car long time ago... not a single "third party" inside the car and still have rattles everywhere.

Have a squeaky noise on the driver seat that the dealer couldn't fix, as well as a noise coming from the boot when passing over a bump and at times even when when turning (a Toyota Ireland mechanic says is normal).

Then I have all these interior rattles, one from the mirror box that hides the cameras, from the driver side speaker grill, A pillar (seems they fixed it now), random driver door noise, B pillar, passenger seat adjustment lever (fixed now), random noises from the dashboard in front of driver, center console (this one started a week ago)...

While I appreciate most of them are random, haven't seen any interest from the dealer or Toyota Ireland in having them fixed.

Have a squeaky noise on the driver seat that the dealer couldn't fix, 

I also have a squeak coming from the drivers seat seems to be emanating from the lumber support doesn’t do it when seat is warm though car is due for its first service soon will get them to check it out and let you know outcome probably be the same as your outcome 

11 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

I also have a squeak coming from the drivers seat seems to be emanating from the lumber support doesn’t do it when seat is warm though car is due for its first service soon will get them to check it out and let you know outcome probably be the same as your outcome 

The squeaky seats are pretty much characteristic of the Japanese cars in general even if they are only cloth trim not leather, just my experience with quite few makes and models, new old doesn’t matter, they simply all squeaks. 🤭

4 hours ago, Rosgoe said:

Just had a meeting with Toyota Technical Manager and he's not keen to mess up with the seat due to the airbags, heating and lumbar support. He will check what are the options and will let me know, but to me, if they don't want to mess with the seat, they should replace it, as I'll keep complaining.

He worked on a couple of other noises with me, and applied some foam on the affected areas and I'm testing the car now.

For the first time, I'm starting to see some traction on this, but waiting to hear from Toyota on the driver seat next week...

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

The squeaky seats are pretty much characteristic of the Japanese cars in general even if they are only cloth trim not leather, just my experience with quite few makes and models, new old doesn’t matter, they simply all squeaks. 🤭

Mostly had only Japanese cars since 1994, with the exception of Opel between 2013 and 2018, and never had a squeaky seat.. not to mention that back in the days the seats were facing some extra activity 🤣

Also had Japanese cars from work, and again no squeaky seats.

43 minutes ago, Jmike72 said:

Mostly had only Japanese cars since 1994, with the exception of Opel between 2013 and 2018, and never had a squeaky seat.. not to mention that back in the days the seats were facing some extra activity 🤣

Also had Japanese cars from work, and again no squeaky seats.

Well, there are quite few Japanese cars but the one I had experienced were Priuses from 2012-15 models, Auris hybrids 10-12, Mitsubishi Lancer 05-08, outlander 04-07 and colt 04-2012 and Mazda primacy , all these cars had  squeaking front seats. I just learned to live with it.

5 hours ago, Jmike72 said:

Just had a meeting with Toyota Technical Manager and he's not keen to mess up with the seat due to the airbags, heating and lumbar support. He will check what are the options and will let me know, but to me, if they don't want to mess with the seat, they should replace it, as I'll keep complaining.

He worked on a couple of other noises with me, and applied some foam on the affected areas and I'm testing the car now.

For the first time, I'm starting to see some traction on this, but waiting to hear from Toyota on the driver seat next week...

If they’re not capable of removing or repairing a seat, they shouldn’t be operating or be being used!