Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RAV4 2019/21

Yorkboy

Spring (2021. 1) map update is now available for download this morning

• Thanks 1

Installed it last weekend. No problems.

Downloaded and installed all working well.

New member here......

how do you perform the map update ?

regards

1 hour ago, Davie_L said:

New member here......

regards

Update from the car via wifi assuming you have a decent connection. The detail is in your infotainment system manual but in brief:

Setup > Online > Toyota online > Map update > Check now ... and go from there ... 🙂

One good thing I found about the download/install is that once the download is complete and the install started you can switch off and the next day it will carry on from where it’s left off. I had to do this and was concerned but it worked fine and I was still able to use the system whilst it completed the update then there was a message to say that after the next restart the update would be completed.  Pretty robust in comparison to other updates I’ve completed on cars from other manufacturers. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Davie_L said:

New member here......

regards

Depends if you have :

an early MM17 system without Apple carplay/andriod auto you have to download to a PC then on to a USB from estore in MyToyota

a later MM19 with Apple carplay/andriod auto you can download via wifi or mobile data Press Setup button then on LH menu scroll down to Online > Toyota online > map update ( note OTA update only updates GB/Ireland maps for full EU map update download via MyToyota as per MM17 )

Will a Toyota dealer update the European maps as part of the next Service ?

Thanks

Paul

23 hours ago, Talshia said:

Thanks

Paul

Very unlikely they will do it automatically, but if you ask they may do - some owners have reported that their dealer was happy to do so.  Some dealers may want to charge extra for it though.

On 6/21/2021 at 9:41 AM, Talshia said:

Thanks

Paul

Yes they did ours on it's first service, and gave us a hire car with no charge.

one thing i noticed on this update and i don't know if it was because i now have ACC/AA, but it took ages (about 5 minutes) to verify the update before it asked me for the 16 digit code.

I thought there was an issue at first and after re-downloading the update as i thought it was corrupt, i decided to leave it and eventually it asked for the code.

So if it takes a long time, my advise is be patient.

Downloaded it today via WiFi with no problems. Just amazed how long it takes.

From personal anecdotal experience, Toyota’s servers aren’t that quick or rate limit downloads. I have a reasonably quick connection (by UK standards) of 500Mbit and can quite happily saturate it (depending on the routing/peering/other end), downloading the latest software/maps for my 4.4 took an age. I connected to a remote 10Gbit gigabit box and pulled it on that and same story. I could have just hit it at a bad time/day, but I assume a worldwide brand like Toyota is using a CDN, so decent speeds in all areas shouldn’t be a problem. Thankfully it’s a once in a blue moon job.

• Thanks 1

I also have a quick connection (Virgin Media) and find the download rate on sites such as Toyota a real frustration.  It’s so different when I connect to download say an Apple OS (iMac) update, many Gbs and it’s there in a few minutes.  Such is life I guess it gets there in the end,😊

2 hours ago, Avalon said:

From personal anecdotal experience, Toyota’s servers aren’t that quick or rate limit downloads. I have a reasonably quick connection (by UK standards) of 500Mbit and can quite happily saturate it (depending on the routing/peering/other end), downloading the latest software/maps for my 4.4 took an age. I connected to a remote 10Gbit gigabit box and pulled it on that and same story. I could have just hit it at a bad time/day, but I assume a worldwide brand like Toyota is using a CDN, so decent speeds in all areas shouldn’t be a problem. Thankfully it’s a once in a blue moon job.

It’s obviously a Toyota Server issue as I too am using Virgin Media connection which downloads updates on my Mac extremely quickly. Also with the map download, the download is set for UK & Ireland only (set by request to my dealer) and it still took ages to download and install.