Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My T - what mobile network does it use?

North Yorkshire Steve

Just found out that Vodafone are turning the sure signal off. We live in a rural area and have very poor mobile signal so use the sure signal to make and receive calls and texts.

But the My T app works when the car is parked on my drive so it must have a signal!

I've tried several networks with no luck until a friend told me about the sure signal about 3 years ago. Now Vodafone are saying to use wifi calling but my phone doesn't support this.

So does anyone know which network the app uses? 

The APP uses you phones data, the car uses a SIM* the IMEI comes back as Continental who are known partners with Vodafone the system uses 2 protocols C-2V (C-2VX) and N2V

it does get somewhat complex

https://www.gsma.com/iot/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Connecting-Vehicles-Today-and-in-the-5G-Era-with-C-V2X.pdf

https://www.gsma.com/iot/news/connected-vehicles-are-safest-when-they-are-cellular/

ps. what phone do you have

• Like 1

Thanks Bob. I've had a quick scan of your links and you're not kidding when you say is complex!

Using my mobile data makes sense as some of the time outside my phone does have 1 bar of service.

Phone is a Motorola One.   

Edited by North Yorkshire Steve
Typo

The moto one should support Wi-Fi calling under settings - calls - wifi calling (depends on how its configured from the factory)

If you're on contract, speak to Vodafone - im sure they will do you an upgrade FOC

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links