Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apple CarPlay Wireless

Steve I

Has anybody bought one of the wireless adapters for Apple CarPlay had a look but cannot seem to find one that says suitable for a Yaris Gen4 any ideas 

thanks

AFAIK, the head unit in the Gen4 Yaris requires a hard cable connection for Apple CarPlay (or Android Auto) to work. It isn't fitted with the required modules in the UK market.

It’s ok have bought the Carlinkit v2 and it   Seems to work find iPhone and connects Apple CarPlay wireless 

4 hours ago, CPN said:

AFAIK, the head unit in the Gen4 Yaris requires a hard cable connection for Apple CarPlay (or Android Auto) to work. It isn't fitted with the required modules in the UK market.

It is in essence a USB to Wi-Fi bridge so you can use AA and AC without a tether - A few Aygo owners have them beware of the firmware updates tho (Cplay2air)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Steve I said:

It’s ok have bought the Carlinkit v2 and it   Seems to work find iPhone and connects Apple CarPlay wireless 

I am an android auto (AA) user in my new Yaris Gen4 ....will this bit of kit give me wireless AA connection?

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Yes, that's what its for

https://cplay2air.com/

The reason I ask about AA support by this device is everything I can see on their website - as well as the videos you attach to your response show Apple Carplay on the car's screens - nothing about Android Auto?

I have sent the company a specific email about support for the Gen 4 Yaris & my Android 9 Honor Play phone but have had no reply as yet.....😥😴

On 6/13/2021 at 1:17 PM, AlfK said:

I am an android auto (AA) user in my new Yaris Gen4 ....will this bit of kit give me wireless AA connection?

No think it only works with Apple you would need a Android specific adapter the k there are a few online 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links