Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BEV Yaris?

priusnoob

Hybrids are a good stop gap for most, the tech will improve over time, iirc the Toyota hybrid is coming up to 25 years old, there is a 10% increase between the 3rd and 4th gen yaris

But the new and used prices are strong

Yeah, I think the knee-***** switch to EVs really wrong-footed Toyota; I reckon they were expecting to get another decade or so to refine the hybrid tech even further. We might have seen a PHEV Yaris! :laugh:

The difference between the Mk3 and Mk4 Yaris hybrids feels so huge I really wonder what they could have done by the time we got to the Mk5! (I'm still secretly hoping they dust off the old Hybrid R concept :naughty:)

I intend to keep this one for as long as possible to justify the eye-watering cost - Hopefully someone will have invented much better batteries or Energon cubes or Mr Fusion or something by the time I have to change again, so this trend of short-ranged giant land barge EVs can be reversed!

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 1:54 PM, TonyHSD said:

Thanks, yes she is doing alright although there is a space for improvement. When she had the car the first few weeks was cold and the dash was showing 3.8m per kw/h then went up to 5.2 m per kw/h and been consistently there. She uses the car almost entirely for London driving in rush hour both mornings and evenings. She is lucky as she pays nothing for charging, her apartments place has free residents charger and that makes a big difference. The car currently shows 193 miles with 100% battery. I think this ionic is one of the best simple Ev’s currently on the market. Has great efficiency, average purchase price of £30 k, it’s big enough for family use , same as Prius and its well made, not the best looking exterior but really good interior indeed, and feels so much like Toyota product, from the unlocking the doors and getting into it, to push the start button and select drive, pretty much same as my Auris, the first few meters of driving are also similar., then I wait to hear the ice kicks in but nope, nothing the car accelerates and silence remains 🚗🔋. If it was 100 miles more range at £30k price with unlimited mileage and 5 years warranty just one more for myself would have been on order of yet but the 190 on dash range it’s simply not enough for me . My last night shift back home with 260 miles done, even Tesla will struggle to do it. 👍 Toyota hybrids are best for me at the moment. 

I'm guessing instead she pays a ridiculous amount just to live in the SE! 

On 6/16/2021 at 8:27 PM, Cyker said:

Yeah, I think the knee-***** switch to EVs really wrong-footed Toyota; I reckon they were expecting to get another decade or so to refine the hybrid tech even further. We might have seen a PHEV Yaris! :laugh:

The difference between the Mk3 and Mk4 Yaris hybrids feels so huge I really wonder what they could have done by the time we got to the Mk5! (I'm still secretly hoping they dust off the old Hybrid R concept :naughty:)

I intend to keep this one for as long as possible to justify the eye-watering cost - Hopefully someone will have invented much better batteries or Energon cubes or Mr Fusion or something by the time I have to change again, so this trend of short-ranged giant land barge EVs can be reversed!

I think it was quite clever of Toyota to delay marketing a full EV. They have got a good following with hybrid cars what with Prius, Corolla, Chr, Yaris plus some others, a good following of owners who haven’t been restricted by a max 150mile return journey that has frustrated many. Even now you have to pay a lot of money to buy an EV that will do more than say 250 miles. Plus the lengthy charging times, few charging points etc.  On the other hand when Toyota releases it EV it could well be capable of recharging in minutes rather then hours and do 400 miles. Technology has really moved on since the Nissan Leaf and Renault Zoe, Toyota are spearheading change.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, priusnoob said:

I'm guessing instead she pays a ridiculous amount just to live in the SE! 

Well, everyone else does who lives in the area.🤭👍

25 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I think it was quite clever of Toyota to delay marketing a full EV. They have got a good following with hybrid cars what with Prius, Corolla, Chr, Yaris plus some others, a good following of owners who haven’t been restricted by a max 150mile return journey that has frustrated many. Even now you have to pay a lot of money to buy an EV that will do more than say 250 miles. Plus the lengthy charging times, few charging points etc.  On the other hand when Toyota releases it EV it could well be capable of recharging in minutes rather then hours and do 400 miles. Technology has really moved on since the Nissan Leaf and Renault Zoe, Toyota are spearheading change.

Until there is a petrol sold at the garage Toyota hybrid might be the better option for a handful people and they know that plus Toyota hybrids has a large existing customer base who may buy a newer hybrid instead of switching to Ev’s, along with the fact there are still millions of people yet to be converted from diesels towards electrified and those are more likely to jump into the hybrid game instead of a full ev. 250 miles is perhaps the maximum achievement in rear world scenarios these days and therefore I keep myself away from bev, otherwise the money I pay monthly for petrol would have buy me a new ev easily., if it had unlimited miles and at least 5 year warranty. 😉👍