Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla headliner colours

FiestaRed

Just realised that different grades have different interior head/roof liner colours but I can't find this on the website information. Can anyone tell me the liner colours on the GR Sport and Design grades please?

My local dealership only seemed to have the Excel in the showroom.

2 hours ago, FiestaRed said:

Just realised that different grades have different interior head/roof liner colours but I can't find this on the website information. Can anyone tell me the liner colours on the GR Sport and Design grades please?

My local dealership only seemed to have the Excel in the showroom.

On the GR Sport it’s dark grey/black. 

• Thanks 1

They all dark except the saloon version. But correct me if I am wrong. GR, Design and Excel look same dark colour to me. 

Hmm, I was beginning to think it was only me with regards to headlining colour. I originally wanted a Lexus UX250h, but unless I had white seats the only choice of headling, in my price range, was black. Tried one but found it far too gloomy inside. I ended up with a Corolla Excel, still a black headlining but most of it is the pan roof so not so bad. Obviously Lexus sell loads of this model so I guess it's just me!

• Like 1

About 8years ago I was after a BMW 3 series. First one I looked at was an estate - with black roof lining.  I thought I don’t like sitting here, if I nod off someone may think I popped my clogs and lay me out in the back.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 50p said:

Hmm, I was beginning to think it was only me with regards to headlining colour. I originally wanted a Lexus UX250h, but unless I had white seats the only choice of headling, in my price range, was black. Tried one but found it far too gloomy inside. I ended up with a Corolla Excel, still a black headlining but most of it is the pan roof so not so bad. Obviously Lexus sell loads of this model so I guess it's just me!

Not just you David. Coming from the Astra Sports Tourer where the headliner is very light coloured, the Corolla I first sat in felt very enclosed due to the headliner being so dark. During the test drive I can't say as I felt so enclosed so I was probably to busy concentrating on my first automatic to think about headliner colours.

• Like 2

+1 for not liking dark headliner, makes the car interior too dark.

• Like 2

I had a dark headliner in my previous Golf R, and in many Golf GTIs previously so was not something that I really noticed. 

When you are sat in the front you honestly wouldn’t really notice it as you are either looking at the dials, through  the windscreen or out of the side window, you rarely look up at the headlining or to the rear roof. 

benefit of black headlining is it doesn’t get dirty like lighter colours 

Me too, I don't like the black/dark headliner in the Corolla. Couldn't afford one, so bought an Auris with sort of an off white/grey headliner. The dark liner makes the car very dark inside. I like a light interior. Like the Trek model as lighter seats and good spec. Wish Toyota did more interior colour/seat/leather options. 

James.👍

• Like 2

It depends on the spec and the year, you could go with the sky blue option

sorry for going off tobic, but @Gray86

1 hour ago, Gray86 said:

I had a dark headliner in my previous Golf R, and in many Golf GTIs previously so was not something that I really noticed. 

When you are sat in the front you honestly wouldn’t really notice it as you are either looking at the dials, through  the windscreen or out of the side window, you rarely look up at the headlining or to the rear roof. 

benefit of black headlining is it doesn’t get dirty like lighter colours 

sorry for going off topic, but how do you find the corolla 2.0 after your GTIs and R? 

1 hour ago, Gray86 said:

That's what was said by someone one the Lexus forum! One member even said he didn't know what colour his headliner was.

However, it's still dark when using the rear view mirror and for any rear passengers, which I rarely have to be honest! Just wasn't for me.

27 minutes ago, Trackpad said:

sorry for going off tobic, but @Gray86

sorry for going off topic, but how do you find the corolla 2.0 after your GTIs and R? 

The Golf R was much quicker, 300bhp,4Wd and a dual-clutch gear box with launch control. 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, and managed a 12.8s 1/4m at Santa Pod, previous GTIs were a lot of fun too. 

The thing with VAG turbo engines is they start having injector & thermostat issues as they get older, and pretty much demand 99RON unleaded.

The Corolla is a much more relaxing & comfortable drive. Fuel bill has halved, and although the performance  is 1/3 less (maybe a bit more) it’s quick enough on the road. I have no regrets - the Corolla is great for what I use it for 

cheers, I have had a last minute panic look at the GTI instead of the corolla hence the question! 

sorry for the thread drift O P! 

I have a 2020 Excel that has dark-grey headliner and A-pillars. Doesn't feel gloomy or too dark. Indeed, quite the opposite: for me it sets just the right ambience. Complements the overall interior colour scheme. It's one of the reasons I bought the Excel. Love it actually 🙂 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links