Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie not so newbie

Vanessa123

Hello, I'm sorry I published before introducing myself.

I usually try do the things the right way.

I'm Vanessa , French living in Holland. I've been driving my mum's Toyota Yaris for 20 years, she ended up giving it to me 6 years ago, to buy herself another Yaris !

The Yaris she gave me is automatic and was the last Japanese make to be sold in France in 2001, after this they produced in France.

We love this car but it has no airco (my mum didn't see the use of it...she's crazy...and her new Yaris doesn't have it either..;she's triple crazy)

But at least I have a Tape player and I play my old tapes in it and I'm so happy !

I drove from Holland to the Lofoten Islands in Norway during a roadtrip with my 7 year-old son a few years ago. This car can take you everywhere.

I drove to Norway several times with it, and to France many times. It's been all around, never let me down.

But it's getting old and I bought an Auris with which I'm not happy at all. That's why I posted here about it. (I still have the Yaris...)

Voilà, this is it ! I'm trying to sell it now and maybe I get another Toyota or I change ...but ideally another Toyota would be great !

Have a nice day !

A semi official Welcome to the forum, semi official because I just another happy member of the Toyota Owners Club.                    
I read the problems you having with the car you bought and you selling it. My wife has a 2010 registered Auris hybrid 75000 miles now, and it goes really well and does good mpg. You usually pay more for a hybrid over a petrol or diesel model, but that’s because of the hybrid technology - which is really good. It has an automatic box but not auto in the conventional way, it is a e-cvt auto, VERY reliable, very user friendly. You get a relaxing drive. I can recommend, but as always, be careful what you buying and who from, get it checked out by a mechanic before buying.

• Like 1

Welcone Vanessa...it seems the Yaris served you well...and no surprise there..it is a fine car.

My wife is on her fourth consecutive Yaris...loves them...and the air-con too..lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

A semi official Welcome to the forum, semi official because I just another happy member of the Toyota Owners Club.                    
I read the problems you having with the car you bought and you selling it. My wife has a 2010 registered Auris hybrid 75000 miles now, and it goes really well and does good mpg. You usually pay more for a hybrid over a petrol or diesel model, but that’s because of the hybrid technology - which is really good. It has an automatic box but not auto in the conventional way, it is a e-cvt auto, VERY reliable, very user friendly. You get a relaxing drive. I can recommend, but as always, be careful what you buying and who from, get it checked out by a mechanic before buying.

Thank you ! Yes I will be careful and now I have a bit more knowledge about transmission 🙂

13 minutes ago, Vanessa123 said:

Thank you ! Yes I will be careful and now I have a bit more knowledge about transmission 🙂

Yes, the model you bought with mmt gear change, is a normal manual gearbox  with arms that do the actual gear change, save using your arms. In theory it sounds good but in practice there was a lot of grumpy customers, the arms and computer that controlled them were not working in unison.

Hello Vanessa - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome Vanessa, I really like these old Yaris and see many of them here in UK ,3 of them here in the street (only 22 houses)where I live . 

I believe that they are one of the best built cars ever made with so many still running fine and looking good at around 20 years old .😎

• Like 1

Hello Vanessa, welcome to the TOC, enjoy the club,

• Like 1