Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Happy with the MPG

Trewithy

Had a weeks holiday in Somerset last week.  Covered 437 miles, about 170 of those miles were on the motorway.  Filled up yesterday evening and the car recorded a consumption of 69.9. Put in 29.3 litres which actually works out at 67.7 MPG.  I'm happy with that.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Trewithy said:

Had a weeks holiday in Somerset last week.  Covered 437 miles, about 170 of those miles were on the motorway.  Filled up yesterday evening and the car recorded a consumption of 69.9. Put in 29.3 litres which actually works out at 67.7 MPG.  I'm happy with that.

Thanks for the update Kevin. I would be ecstatic with those figures.

That’s a good figure 👍 I am rocking at 60mpg 59.4 to be precise and my dash calculates dead on correct. Mostly motorways journeys within speed limits or slightly below, no cruise control. 👌

D27613F3-C0F3-4878-86FD-066A5EA682E3.jpeg

04979D11-A018-46F3-BCF5-29C2A38355B6.jpeg

D267CC87-3680-4FB1-ABA2-A0F6AF408C94.jpeg

• Like 1

Very similar to the mileage I get, however I'd ignore any pump to pump figures,  it's hit and miss at best.

The ultra accurate fuel metering,  distance recorded comparison from the car itself,  is far more precise! 😉

• Like 1

My trip up to North Wales and back averaged 69 including driving to several golf courses. Right now the dash is saying about 72 so probably 67. Sure does like the warm weather.

Actually thinking about the trip there were a couple of times coming down hills that I got all five bars of the Battery filled in. She was very keen to drive on Battery only in that condition.

• Like 2

Sorry off topic slightly, Often wondered do you get better mpg with or without cruise control?

29 minutes ago, Chriss27 said:

Sorry off topic slightly, Often wondered do you get better mpg with or without cruise control?

It depends on the conditions you are driving in.  If you are cruising down a flat motorway it won't make any difference but if you are in an area with a lot of hills then keeping cruise control on would have a detrimental effect as the car will do whatever it takes to maintain the set speed, even if it means going flat out uphill.  whereas if you were driving the car yourself you would let the car loose speed uphill and may only increase the throttle by a moderate amount. 

I have noticed that if you push the throttle pedal all the way down there is a click at the end of the travel just like the kickdown position in a traditional automatic, I haven't tried it myself in driving but what happens if you engage this position?

• Like 1

Me not happy, rain, wind, lower temperature and a bit of more enthusiastic driving and I had lost around 8mpg for the last fill up, I should be  driving  more efficiently next time to compensate for the change of other factors😉🚗👍

MPG on similar roads and similar driving conditions on motorways, city driving, A&B roads 340 miles round trip, on the first trip I got 71.7 mpg and a month later same journey I got 69.9 mpg. Not car calculations.

• Like 1

You guys getting some good mpg from the Corolla, much better then the Auris, it’s predecessor. And Yes, Andrue, Toyota hybrids do like the warm weather.

My wife did a 9 mile trip this morning mainly in 30/40 zones got 95.2mpg

A5ED4AB1-90BE-4EA5-8FCC-49C4B3798C05.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Trewithy said:

I have noticed that if you push the throttle pedal all the way down there is a click at the end of the travel just like the kickdown position in a traditional automatic, I haven't tried it myself in driving but what happens if you engage this position?

Several cars have this and I'm not sure anyone has ever said exactly what it is.

Some people think it's the kick-down activator but I hardly ever push the accelerator that far and have got a surge anyway. Also pushing the pedal 'that last little bit' doesn't do very much.

Other people have suggested that it's what overrides the speed limiter. I've never used that so I don't know.

I seem to recall that all models of Honda Mk 3 Jazz had the switch so that further goes against it being a kickdown switch since not all models are automatic.

Had my Corolla TS 2 months now, covered 2500 miles at 68.5 mpg. Delighted.

Screenshot_20210621-184919_MyT.jpg

What model is that Robert, the 1.8 or the 2.0 ?

3 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Several cars have this and I'm not sure anyone has ever said exactly what it is.

Some people think it's the kick-down activator but I hardly ever push the accelerator that far and have got a surge anyway. Also pushing the pedal 'that last little bit' doesn't do very much.

Other people have suggested that it's what overrides the speed limiter. I've never used that so I don't know.

I seem to recall that all models of Honda Mk 3 Jazz had the switch so that further goes against it being a kickdown switch since not all models are automatic.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/false-accelerator-pedal-stop.333676/

So..that's all cleared up then 😕

Had my Prius Gen4 serviced this morning by my Toyota dealer. The service guy must have been scrolling through display options to see what the has been up to mpg. He/she left it on overall mpg over a period of time. I wanted it set back to “my position“ which is a single journey mpg, in doing so I read 71.1 mpg over 7200 miles, which would something like the last 2 years (COVID taking effect). So that would be 2 summers and 2 winters, and we all know Toyota hybrids do less mpg in winter then the summer. I well happy with that. I will leave that setting running for another 12 months and check again.

• Like 2