Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Amp Going On And Off

JNR

hi peeps im in need of some help my problem is with my amp it was working ok at first but now when i turn the volume up just before halfway the bass notes on my sub disapear i looked at my amp when this was happening and my power light on amp was going on and off with the high bass notes what could be the problemdo you think i need a better Battery or a capacitor i checked connections and they seem ok couyld it be my fuse is about to go lol i dont know please help ice masters lol :P

It sounds like your lacking power somewhere.

If you blew the fuse, it wouldn't be on.

Sticking a cap in, would help, espically if your using the amp for sub use, as it draws alot of power for it.

It depends on how big ur amp power needs are, but you need, a big'ish amp before it starts to run out of power.

Check the Battery, see if it either needs topping up with fluid and charging correctly, or if it's old, replace it

Bing

:thumbsup:

it could also be the 'fail-safe' on the amp, you say this happens at high volume... so its probably worth turning the 'gain' down on the amp and seeing if that helps

thanks guys for your help turned gain down and sanded down my earth point and it seems ok for now so heres hoping its a new Battery btw but i think its a little underpowerd its a lucas supreme from motorworld the cold crank is 360 and the Battery capacity is 45 my last Battery was cold crank 400 and battery capacity[50]AH think its a bit on the weak side my new battery but the guy says thats the one thats listed it cost me 50 odd quid :thumbsup:

earth mate, check all earthing points and files each and apply copper grease!

if this still doesnt work it could be the output transisters!

i sanded down my main earth from amp and it seems ok for now tightened everything up so heres hoping everything is good for now anyway :thumbsup: