Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 Yaris recall

Hadrian1

Have you all had notification regarding reprogramming of the Yaris Hybrid Skid Control ECU ?

I am booked in next week to have it done. I assume this applies to all 2021 Yaris Hybrids ?

ABS - TSB: 21SMD-039

Model (WMI): Yaris HV (VNK); VIN Range: KBAC3# 0A000502 - 0A147621; Model year: 2020~2021.

The affected vehicles were manufactured between 6 July 2020 and 28 April 2021.

The software of the Skid control ECU (Electronic Control Unit) which monitors and controls various functions related to the brake system may be defective. As a result, the electronic parking brake could become inoperative, increasing the risk of an accident

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hadrian1 said:

Have you all had notification regarding reprogramming of the Yaris Hybrid Skid Control ECU ?

I am booked in next week to have it done. I assume this applies to all 2021 Yaris Hybrids ?

See also this topic...

I  got the letter and there was also mention of a outstanding recall for a rear seat belt bracket. 

Both being done next week at local dealer.

I haven't, but mine was supposedly made in May...?

Yes, i've had my letter, booked in for just over a week's time.

On a seperate note i used the car for a holiday last week, it performed brilliantly, very relaxing and safe feeling on the motorway. However, on returning home i noticed the underside of the passenger side wing mirror casing had detached at one end, leaving a gap (you can see the mirror internals). I clipped it back into place but it unclipped again, so will have to get that seen too as well.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know how long it takes to do this? I'm booked in Fri 04 and have asked, but the dealer just says it takes as long as it takes?

2 minutes ago, Ripped off said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to do this? I'm booked in Fri 04 and have asked, but the dealer just says it takes as long as it takes?

The usual two hours.

• Thanks 1

It depends on the dealer and how over booked they are, the physical job is 15-30 mins when they get to your car, but how long is a piece of string

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all, just couldn't get anything out of the dealer! I'm booked in at 8 am, so fingers crossed should be out later afternoon. Will feed back with anything I get to know.

My work is:

1133415968_Screenshot2022-01-25150807-Copy.thumb.jpg.3905a5ff172125de6c1089d22c074727.jpg

2 hours ago, Ripped off said:

Thanks all, just couldn't get anything out of the dealer! I'm booked in at 8 am, so fingers crossed should be out later afternoon. Will feed back with anything I get to know.

My work is:

1133415968_Screenshot2022-01-25150807-Copy.thumb.jpg.3905a5ff172125de6c1089d22c074727.jpg

If you are first to be done that day then you should have your car back within two hours. It’s a software update.

• Thanks 1

You get free coffee, I had to replace an airbag. Then I got a letter for a new improved airbag, I did not bother with that. But for me it was an escuse to take a walk to a McDonald's store. Then expect a lot of junk mail about buying a new car, still getting them mm! Even had a phone call one or two years ago.