Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another non starter...

Plob

So got back to my car after work yesterday and she wouldn't start.

Relays click but won't turn over and all the lights dim...

Classic flat/dead Battery!

So I managed to scrounge a jump and set off home. During the drive I noticed the brake and ABS lights come on. Also noticed the power steering get quite heavy and reading on the speedo drop... I've experienced the speedo thing on a previous car and was due to loss of electrical power, (PAS would seem to confirm this, and the fact that my foot being on the brake isn't therefore on the throttle feeding the alternator).

So I've fully charged the Battery and it's just not going to turn over, but the ABS and brake lights are still on.

Am I worrying over nothing? Am I missing something? Or is it as simple as gettinh a fresh Battery to cure my woes?

Thanks in advance...

(ps BTW my Aygo is an '08) 

strongly suggests the Battery needs replacing ..id at least have it checked or just replace if its the old one 

and once its running again confirm theres good charge from the alternator...looking for 14.00-14.4v with the engine on 

• Like 1

plus check the heavy cables between the Battery and chassis, and the engine and chassis, are secure and corrosion free at both ends.

• Like 1

Aygo's like to blow the fusible link (specially when jumped) what is located on the front of the fuse box (just behind the battery)

If it has blown, you can fit a 125a fuse rather than replacing the fuse box

No. 24

https://fuse-box.info/toyota/toyota-aygo-ab10-2005-2014-fuses-and-relay

125A fuse 90982-08297

185343244_Aygofusiblelink.thumb.jpg.747d19a53442e7cc7fc4e949f458fe1e.jpg

The red arrow shows the blown link, to add the fuse by removing the 2 bolts and wires, add the fuse and cables, do up the bolts

Thanks all.

Not checked the fusible link, but if that had gone she wouldn't start at all Shirley?

I think the leads are all OK, had that trouble when I gor the clutch done a couple of years back, they didn't secure the earth on reassembly! 😯

So "completely" flat this morning, not even enough for warning lights! Jump leads on, fired straight up, 'and', the brake warning lights have gone out! 😃

Alternator looks good while driving, but look what happens as soon as I kill the engine!!! 😲🤣

Screenshot_20210621_043715_org.prowl.torque_edit_1002439561700685.jpg

Screenshot_20210621_042536_org.prowl.torque_edit_1002421272742354.jpg

Your Battery is dead. The volts measured seem to crash after the car engine/alternator stops running.

new Battery...job done

id reccomend a 063 size varta...about 45£ posted on eBay , they perform very well 

• Like 2

The Battery is goosed, if you're having to jump it - low voltage will make the ecu and other modules freak out

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links