Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash Lights Ongoing Issues

AnneN

Hi.

A 2020 Aygo with only 2.5kms done has had been into the dealer 2 times already with warning lights coming on and staying on.

The report for the 1st time: missfire found on cylinder 3-2 and missfire still in cyl 3. Transfer spark plug from cylinder 3-2 and missfire to cyl 2. Replaced spark plug cylinder 2.

2nd report: eml and traction control lights on, P0139 and C120 engine and ABS oxygen sensor B152 slow in active test, replaced O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2.

At the moment it's the PCS warning light, tyre pressure light (pressure is fine in all tyres), malfunction light and slip indicator light all on continuously.

The car belongs to my elderly father and I think the garage are fobbing him off. I've just driven the car for the first time and it feels very lethargic to me, my dad says it doesn't feel right. As I'm here with him I'll take car into garage tomorrow morning as I want it fixed properly this time. Any advice I what is going on here and how to make sure the dealer is treating this properly? I don't live close by so tomorrow is my only chance to discuss it face to face with them. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.

20 minutes ago, AnneN said:

At the moment it's the PCS warning light, tyre pressure light (pressure is fine in all tyres), malfunction light and slip indicator light all on continuously.

That's usually caused by one (or more) failed ABS wheel speed sensors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very  strange... Same happened to me today. Anyone has an idea to if the P0139 and Tire pressure is related?
2015 Aygo

When driving today I suddenly had the check engine warning light and the tire pressure warning flashing. The ABS light came also on. After a while the tire pressure light was constant.
Checked tire pressure (was OK) and tried to reset the tire pressure with the button with no help.
First thing that came into my mind was of course an ABS sensor fault. So to find which sensor was faulty I tried to read out the ODBII error codes but was a bit surprised.
There were two error codes stored (in my non-Toyota error code reader):
- P0139 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow response Bank 1 Sensor 2.
- P0139 Pend O2 Sensor Circuit Slow response Bank 1 Sensor 2.

I cleared the messages and the warning lights disappeared but I assume they will come back next time I drive.

P0139 indicates a problem with O2 sensor - seems to be a common problem with these cars - either the sensor or the wiring.
But - why does the Tire pressure light flash at the same time and if there also is a problem with the ABS sensors - how can I find which one is faulty?

Torstein

It's been mentioned on here (and on another forum) that when the O2 sensor fails it lights up all those 3 lights (strange software 'feature'!).

Get the O2 sensor replaced - that should be the cure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi. That was changed on my dad's car but still happening?

5 hours ago, AnneN said:

Hi. That was changed on my dad's car but still happening?

Some engine ECUs also need a software update - which Toyota dealers can do (but owners of a 108 or C1 - which use the same Toyota mechanics as the Aygo - have been saying that Peugeot and Citroen dealers can't so they get told they need a new ECU!).

• Thanks 1

Thanks. It always goes back to the Toyota dealer so I would have thought they would have done a software update. They have it in again today so we'll see.

• 11 months later...

How did your post end ?

I have the same problems with a 2017 Aygo only 12200 mls. but it drives as it should, no black smoke or sluggish or increased fuel consumption.

Keeps throwing uo a P0137 fault. together with MIL, VSC, & tyre pressure warning.

Sensor 1 and Sensor 2 voltages are in spec but Fuel shows Fuel CL-Fault intermitantly.The post cat sensor has been changed twice (2nd. time to a Bosch).

Where did you check the voltages ? With a scan tool ? If so that reading is from the ECU, what are the readings are you getting from the B1 S2, has it had an Italian tune up to get the cat nice and hot ?

check the Battery and alternator, such low miles means the Battery is more than likely done for, if it hasn't been replaced

Yes , has been treated to a dose of Redex in case it was an injector pattern.

The voltages were from the scan tool. Engine performance seems OK, only the warning lights and Fuel CL-Fault show there is a problem otherwise you would not know a problem existed. Tempted to run with post cat sensor unplugged (no warning lights, ie.Mil/Tyre pressure/VSC showing) and see if it throws up any codes.

What is your thinking about battery/alternator? No problem starting even after sitting for days.

OS1 0.18v to 0.8v Hot or Cold engine.   OS2 1.25v steady Cold engine 0.00v Hot engine up to 0.05v on decel.

8 hours ago, Brown2186 said:

How did your post end ?

I have the same problems with a 2017 Aygo only 12200 mls. but it drives as it should, no black smoke or sluggish or increased fuel consumption.

Keeps throwing uo a P0137 fault. together with MIL, VSC, & tyre pressure warning.

Sensor 1 and Sensor 2 voltages are in spec but Fuel shows Fuel CL-Fault intermitantly.The post cat sensor has been changed twice (2nd. time to a Bosch).

It went back in for the same fault another two times and exactly the same things kept happening. The dealer ended up buying back the car. They had it up for sale again within days. Ironically the main selling point was the low milage - the very thing they tried to say was the problem - that it wasn't driven enough!

• Like 1

I think your issue is actually B1S1 (Pre Cat A/F) i would only use a Bosch sensor, oem should be 89465-0H030

I would also check B1S2 Connector for corrosion and pin fitment also check the ecu connector

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links