Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

strange problems with light system after media unit upgrade....

alexx76no

some time ago i installed a Pioneer 2din dab+ unit w/ reverse camera, amp and dual 10" sub cabinet in my 2010 Urban Criuser. the car had a navi unit and has a smart key system, to connect the pioneer unit i used a kit from "Connect 2"  the istall was easy and the new unit works 100% as it is supposed to do, i can use the orginal media buttons on the weel and the camera activates when i select reverse BUT... after the install and a test drive i parked and turned off the ign but the park light is on all the time and not possible to turn them off.... and the fog lights and most of the int. lights has stopped working and when i select hi beam the Battery error and coolant warning light turn on and if the fan is on when i stop it stays on.... and these errors drains the Battery so the next day i uninstalled the pioneer unit and the connect 2 kit and installed the orginal toyota media unit but this had no effect .... the car has been to 3 diffrent garages and the mecanics did not find any conection errors ... and all diagnostic systems has been scanned several times with toyota techstream software and by a local garage using Wow and Delfi software and the result is the same... no errors found but the lights still stay on and fog lights stil does not work so i must disconect the Battery when i park the car..... so if any of u know some fix please help....

did you cut any wires when installing the pioneer ?

Do you have auto lights ?

nope i did not cut any wires but i do have auto lights but i have to turn on the lights after the error

what happens when you play with the dimmer switch, iirc It's just behind the steering wheel

What engine? 1.33 Petrol can suffer from a faulty "Eco run converter" however this usually just leaves the dash waring lights on never heard of the outer lights being an issue.

With a sub I suspect you have run a power lead into the car via the bulkhead? is it possible water is getting into the car as to have such things as lights and fan staying on when switched off sounds like a short in a common junction block or body control ECU

the car has a 1.4 d4d turbo disel engine manual gearbox and all weel drive and when i press the dimmer switch it just dimms the light in the speedometer

is the amp disconnected and how did you ground/earth it

• 3 weeks later...

the amp and the sub box is disconected and stored i the garage and iwas never connected  2 any power sinse the media unit install Mod edit every thing up.... 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links