Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - Mk 4. Wing Mirror

Mikw

Returning home from my annual holiday (car went brilliantly!) i noticed that the black plastic trim on the underneath of the mirror casing had detached, leaving a large gap, enough to see the internals of the wing mirror.

I clipped it back into place fairly easily, but after a further drive, a short one, it had detached again.

Guess i'd better get the dealer to sort it out as water getting into that gap would be bad for the electricals contained inside the mirror assembly?

39 minutes ago, Mikw said:

Returning home from my annual holiday (car went brilliantly!) i noticed that the black plastic trim on the underneath of the mirror casing had detached, leaving a large gap, enough to see the internals of the wing mirror.

I clipped it back into place fairly easily, but after a further drive, a short one, it had detached again.

Guess i'd better get the dealer to sort it out as water getting into that gap would be bad for the electricals contained inside the mirror assembly?

Hm, that is interesting . Why is detached, has it been hit by someone or something? Usually inside mirror always water finds it’s way and all electronics should be well protected, my ones get properly wet when jet washed on regular basis., plus the heavy rain on motorways, so,far no issues. 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hm, that is interesting . Why is detached, has it been hit by someone or something? Usually inside mirror always water finds it’s way and all electronics should be well protected, my ones get properly wet when jet washed on regular basis., plus the heavy rain on motorways, so,far no issues. 👍

To be honest i don't know, i did take it for a jet wash recently, and also a long trip to Blackpool and back. I don't check the underside of the wing mirrors very often, so it could've been like it for a while. It does pop back in, but then pops out again when the door is closed.

On my Mk3 Yaris there is a cover missing on the underside of the drivers mirror, I think it was probably missing when I bought the car over 3 years ago but it hasn't caused any problems.  I haven't been able to source a replacement but haven't looked too hard.  I keep meaning to cover the  hole with black electrical tape!  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, HughA said:

On my Mk3 Yaris there is a cover missing on the underside of the drivers mirror, I think it was probably missing when I bought the car over 3 years ago.  I keep meaning to cover the  hole with black electrical tape!  

Welcome to the procrastinators society. 😉

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links