Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What engine oil for auris?

Foreveralpha

Hi,this week i am thinking to do service my auris so as in the title says which oil is best the for Auris? 5w30 or 0w20? It’s 14 plate hybrid model thank you! 

Welcome to the forum Denis, you not said your car is petrol, diesel or hybrid, SO, the info below is definitely correct for a Hybrid, definitely NOT for a diesel, and maybe for a 1.6 petrol, if not a hybrid check it out for yours.

The wife’s car is a 2010 Auris hybrid.   It will be 0w-20.  The spec you need to look for is API-SN, ILSAC GF-5 Fully Synthetic, that’s important. £40 for 5 litres of Toyota engine oil on eBay. Another good oil is Petronas (make sure its API-SN, ISAC GF-5), that could be about £28 on eBay.

Have you heard of the “Relax” warranty from Toyota, new as from June 1st. Check it out on this forum or on Toyota website. Basically, have your car serviced at any Toyota dealer and get 12 month/10k miles warranty. You had a warranty up to 5 years, this now extends it 12 month at a time up to 10 years. Check it out, may suit you, maybe not, your choice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your answer,usually i get my Oils from the stores so i prefer to get from stores,do you know where i can get them from like wilko eurocarparts etc?

I will check out for  relax warranty as well Appreciate for the advice 

You will probably asking more questions about your car (hopefully not too many problems)  it it would be handy if you go back into your profile and state what Auris engine you plus also your model would be handy. If you can’t find way back to edit profile I will try and help you.

Sorry car,i’m just new here hyrbid auris icon vvt-l cvt 1.8 engine size 2014 model  also can i  Post here link? Cuz i find from Halfords site which is matching with that oil codes  if yes 

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-and-fluids/engine-oil/halfords-0w20-eco-fully-synthetic-oil-14---2-litres-285774.html

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/shell-helix-0w-20-ultra-sn-1ltr-521773272 
Which one its alright for my auris? thanks 

Either is OK for your car - depends how much you wish to pay.

• Like 1

As FBalls says - they both meet the specification BUT the Halfords price qas for 2 litres, and the Europarts price ws for 1 litre, making them both very expensive. The Toyota oil on eBay is what you would get from a Toyota dealer servie, and the Petronas oil, well Petronas is a hugh oil company in Asia and they sponsor many motor sports events including one of the main sponsors of Lwis Hamilton and Mercedes F1.  You pays your money and takes your choice. I know where my money would be going.

If you want to change your profile, and I suggest you do, click on your name on the left of screen, go to Edit Profile, and scroll down to your original car details and change as appropriate. Dont forget to click Save.

Doing this will save people asking the same question about your car.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foreveralpha said:

Sorry car,i’m just new here hyrbid auris icon vvt-l cvt 1.8 engine size 2014 model  also can i  Post here link? Cuz i find from halfords site which is matching with that oil codes  if yes 

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-and-fluids/engine-oil/halfords-0w20-eco-fully-synthetic-oil-14---2-litres-285774.html

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/shell-helix-0w-20-ultra-sn-1ltr-521773272 
Which one its alright for my auris? thanks 

If you can get to your local Wilko store, you may just bag an oil bargain. 
I see you are in Nottingham. Me too. 

24 minutes ago, DaddyBaddy said:

If you can get to your local Wilko store, you may just bag an oil bargain. 
I see you are in Nottingham. Me too. 

Went to Wilko in Ellesmere Port on Monday, no 0w-20 of any brand. 😒

Hi, 

As been recommended to you by Joe,  Petronas is a quality oil at competitive price. I have been using it for a long time in all conditions and works great, engine sounds nice and quiet and most importantly cool and clean. I buy from here lately. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323898171325

You can also do engine flush before you drop the old oil, helps clean internals better and keep the new oil cleaner for longer. Oem oil filter also highly recommended. 

All oil filters are NOT created equal.

OEM oil filters are by far - the best choice - always.

The internal construction & the internal standards specified (for OEM filters) are actually much higher than the minimum standards they publish for the aftermarket producers. The key can be found in the use of the word 'minimum'.

There are numerous videos on youtube of oil filter tear-downs & comparisons.

The differences are clear & distinct.

On 6/23/2021 at 6:36 AM, Catlover said:

Welcome to the forum Denis, you not said your car is petrol, diesel or hybrid, SO, the info below is definitely correct for a Hybrid, definitely NOT for a diesel, and maybe for a 1.6 petrol, if not a hybrid check it out for yours.

The wife’s car is a 2010 Auris hybrid.   It will be 0w-20.  The spec you need to look for is API-SN, ILSAC GF-5 Fully Synthetic, that’s important. £40 for 5 litres of Toyota engine oil on EBay. Another good oil is Petronas (make sure its API-SN, ISAC GF-5), that could be about £28 on EBay.

Have you heard of the “Relax” warranty from Toyota, new as from June 1st. Check it out on this forum or on Toyota website. Basically, have your car serviced at any Toyota dealer and get 12 month/10k miles warranty. You had a warranty up to 5 years, this now extends it 12 month at a time up to 10 years. Check it out, may suit you, maybe not, your choice.

Tony,

I'm just curious.

How can you distinguish the dealers on eBay - Selling fakes vs genuine.

Are there any on there you particularly trust?  

59 minutes ago, Kojac said:

Tony,

I'm just curious.

How can you distinguish the dealers on ebay - Selling fakes vs genuine.

Are there any on there you particularly trust?  

Hi Ko,  You addressed the question to Tony, who buys his Petronas off eBay.

I’m Joe, I get my Prius serviced at a Toyota dealer, and the wife’s Auris at a local garage I trust.

I do buy stuff off eBay, done ok with vast majority of things purchased.

Hi, 

I buy only from well known main dealers through eBay, names like Toyota official store, Snows group, they usually have other parts listed too and have registered as business address. Most others sells fake parts and oil. There is one seller e-hybrid who offers a lots of parts and oil, I never bought from him and what I can see he offers spark plugs that looks fake although price is higher than real thing from main dealer, he offers oil too but how would I trust when the spark plugs at least on the pictures shown are poor quality fake parts?! My advice is buy only from Toyota main dealer outlet or dealer directly, other sellers are selling fake 99%, another thing though, dealers give only 5% discount on oem parts to traders , therefore independent traders on eBay offering an original parts at lower price is very unlikely. 👍 for the engine oil I rather buy and use different brand oil than buy “oem” Toyota that turns to be a fake one, this potentially can destroy your engine together with fake spark plugs or filters. 👍

See if your local dealer has a parts desk - If they do it's very easy to just rock up, get the bits you need and go!

My local does not, so I usually have to wait until they can be bothered to come down to speak to me after the receptionist calls them down. Last time that was 40 minutes. The further away dealer do have a parts desk, manned by real humans! I get all my parts and fluids from them.

You can also order them from our very own PartsKing - Just PM him your reg and what you want and he'll usually give you a discount!

• 5 months later...

Hello,

For the pas two services done, I have bought from eBay a service kit (5L oil, oil filter, engine and cabin filter) for £80 or £85. I have changed the engine filter and the cabin filter myself, and for the oil and oil filter, I called Toyota to have it replaced and they charged me £45, with a free visual check and a free wash and vacuuming. - Total of £125 or £130. You might want to add a hybrid check, which will be extra £40 or £45.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202555841118?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Dce5a4668688242baaf22cacda4440ce0%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D255021150271%26itm%3D202555841118%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057%26brand%3DToyota&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A8b9c1fe0-6f89-11ec-bf17-6648f2ef027f|parentrq%3A3364262117e0a9fa4d7cd861ffeb694a|iid%3A1

Toyota's charging £190 for their intermediate service, which includes oil, oil filter and hybrid check as far as I am aware.

If you go to Toyota better let them service your car and get free health check plus one more year or 10 k miles warranty, then if you prefer afterwards you can change air and cabin filter or Wiper Blades yourself. That’s what I would have done , but I am doing all the work myself and only buy parts from Toyota where needed, no warranty though 🙂👍