Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear bumper fitment on Corolla Touring Sports

StreetHawk

Do any other TS owners have poor fitment of the rear bumper where it meets the rear quarter? 

Mine looks pretty poor on both sides, it’s highlighted in a certain light when a shadow is cast. I checked the two they had at my local dealer and neither were great but both better than mine. It’s going back for the dealer to look at as soon as I have time.

4C87E484-5F42-446B-869E-13154688E9E1.jpeg

8B493FF1-EC53-459E-AFB7-E1A8CFD17DC8.jpeg

• Sad 1

Mines ok.  Probably needs a tweak.  What year is yours?

IMG_20210623_222320788.jpg

On 6/23/2021 at 8:45 PM, StreetHawk said:

Do any other TS owners have poor fitment of the rear bumper where it meets the rear quarter? 

Mine looks pretty poor on both sides, it’s highlighted in a certain light when a shadow is cast. I checked the two they had at my local dealer and neither were great but both better than mine. It’s going back for the dealer to look at as soon as I have time.

4C87E484-5F42-446B-869E-13154688E9E1.jpeg

8B493FF1-EC53-459E-AFB7-E1A8CFD17DC8.jpeg

That’s not acceptable, worse than Tesla. Is that a brand new car? 

• Like 1

I can't believe Toyota have let a car out of the factory like that. Thanks for the warning, I'm due to collect a new TS in a few weeks and I'll certainly check those areas.

Yes it’s a new car, picked up about a month ago. It’s only noticeable in a certain light, maybe that’s why it got missed? 

Will see be back at the dealer soon to be sorted. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 5:06 PM, StreetHawk said:

Yes it’s a new car, picked up about a month ago. It’s only noticeable in a certain light, maybe that’s why it got missed? 

Will see be back at the dealer soon to be sorted. 

Hi, have you fixed your rear bumper? I have noticed today my left corner looked unaligned similar to yours and remember the other night I touched some wood peace when was parking in the dark, the inside arch lining was detached from the bumper perhaps from the little hit, I pulled out by hands then fix the bumper end over it as should be and the top corner has realigned nicely, perhaps your car might have had hit something too and that caused the misalignment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No it’s not been in yet, taking it back on Monday. I guess it could have had a bump on the rear, I know new cars often get damaged in transit. Will see what they say. Happened to me with a Golf R Estate, both doors on one side has scrapes on them when it arrived at the dealer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just to update this in case anyone has the same issue..

Got the car back today, all sorted now, they adjusted the brackets and now the bumper sits completely flush all the way along the join. All good now..

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links