Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Potential saving of money

Greenbriggs9

Hey up... 

Our lass has got a 2016 hybrid yaris. 

We need a new rear wheel housing. 

Now we have been to the motor factors, they had one in stock for £60. But the ABS connection was different. It was smaller than ours. 

Apart from that! The actual bearing housing is identical. 

The only other option is the dealers at £260 plus the dreaded vat. 

Now I am thinking that if I remove the abs cap off the new bearing housing, and fit this abs cap to the new housing! Would it work? 

Has anyone tried this before? 

You valuable knowledge would be very much appreciated. 

Hadrian 

PXL_20210626_160222616.jpg

PXL_20210626_160920189.jpg

PXL_20210626_160931070.jpg

Don't mess around, looks like the one the motor factor showed you was the wrong part for your car

I would go with a SKF or BluePrint

be careful with aftermarket stuff as they cross reference the 12-15 cars with all the hybrid models

Edit,  what the part number on the other side ?? The hybrid one is listed on the epc as ............

42450-0D111 superseded by 42450-0D112

The 89544-0D050 number is just the abs sensor

• Like 1

Thank you for your response. 

IMG-20210626-WA0001.jpg

I'm thinking that the abs sensor should be able to slip in to the other part? 

I don't see how it could be any different otherwise? 

Is there a part number on the actual bearing housing? 

Hi Again. 

I have just referenced your part number. 

It is the housing for the 2005 - 2015 

This housing is very easy to obtain and will fit the 2016 hybrid (mechanically). 

The only difference is the abs sensor cap connector 

I have also seen a blue print one. 

That is a five stud 🙄

I am on the verge of giving up. 

I bet even the Toyota dealer will produce even the wrong part 

Aftermarket parts aren't made to the same specs the Abs sensor may fit, but it may not have the depth/dia or clearance to the magnet

The aftermarket may reference the ABS sensor as the wheel bearing

42450-0D112 is the part number for the Yaris hybrid 2014-2017 rear wheel bearing

Oh dont get fooled by looking at the pictures some places use stock images

Thank you. 

I shall look in to this extra information 

37 minutes ago, Greenbriggs9 said:

Thank you. 

I shall look in to this extra information 

Agreed with Bob, when I was looking for my bearings replacement I found some info that some cheap aftermarkets although the bearings itself might be ok the abs sensors cause troubles and abs remains inactive and light on dashboard illuminates often after change, I decided to go for blueprint, touching the wood 15 months later and almost 40k miles no problems so far. Hope they last long. 👍

• Thanks 1

TonyHSD. 

Is your yaris a hybrid? 

If so! Do you have a link for the blueprint bearings? 

At the moment, I'm using the part number that flash22 has given me. 

To try and source one. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Greenbriggs9 said:

TonyHSD. 

Is your yaris a hybrid? 

If so! Do you have a link for the blueprint bearings? 

At the moment, I'm using the part number that flash22 has given me. 

To try and source one. 

Thanks 

Hi, yes should be this one 42450-0D112, I used this website to locate the part number https://japancars.ru/index.php?route=catalog/toyota&mdf_id=6735&area=EU&cat=116540&blk_id=4102, my car is Auris hybrid, I bought my bearings kits through eBay from reputable sellers, used discount codes too and had them on good price. Best to have wd-40 for the bolts, hammer, and heat gun or hairdryer or gas torch eventually if you can not take the original one easily out of the car. , sometimes they are rusted and stubborn. Checked prices for yours and seems high everywhere, here there are some cheaper options but don’t know about quality though, https://www.autodoc.co.uk/spares-search?keyword=42450-0D112, check also how much the oem from Toyota. 
Good luck 

B2F1BAAC-E8F9-4689-BBA3-AB1915A260F1.jpeg

Thank you. 

I got the old bearing housing out very easily with my makita rattle gun 👍

Took me fifteen minutes from taking the wheel off. 

Thank you all for your help. 

I shall keep you informed. 

That auto Dock is out of stock my the bearing that we need. 

It has been a good thing coming on here. 

I would not have known the exact part number otherwise. 

11 minutes ago, Greenbriggs9 said:

That auto Dock is out of stock my the bearing that we need. 

It has been a good thing coming on here. 

I would not have known the exact part number otherwise. 

Look here https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/p/!Removed!-wheel-bearing-kit-628201600

If pictures match the exact part it’s blueprint inside “F A G box, I can see markings on the hub “ADT “ these belong to blueprint., comes down to £113 with discount code big17  👍

Looking at that part closer! 

The abs plug looks different to the one that we need. 

This has been the problem from the outset. 

I can get loads of bearing kits, but unfortunately the one we have, has a larger abs port. 

The one with part number 42450-0D112 

Looks like an exact match. The abs plug is the same. 

I'm being a real pest here. 

Sorry 😕

18 hours ago, Greenbriggs9 said:

Now I am thinking that if I remove the abs cap off the new bearing housing, and fit this abs cap to the new housing! Would it work? 

I wouldn't attempt that Hadrian. They are very tight fit (keep water etc. out) and could be easily damaged. The speed sender/sensor unit is not intended to be replaced.

I did remove one from a failed bearing hub when discovering that Toyota appear to use no name bearings of Chinese quality origin!

A  2016 car! What mileage? These Toyota hubs seem to be living up to my criticism about "quality" when I changed mine because it had failed.

OEM looks to be ATE

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Look here https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/p/!Removed!-wheel-bearing-kit-628201600

If pictures match the exact part it’s blueprint inside “F A G box, I can see markings on the hub “ADT “ these belong to blueprint., comes down to £113 with discount code big17  👍

That site is Euro Car Parts - thats the non hybrid bearing what is commonly available - it doesn't look like blueprint do the equivalent for the hybrid

16 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Agreed with Bob, when I was looking for my bearings replacement I found some info that some cheap aftermarkets although the bearings itself might be ok the abs sensors cause troubles and abs remains inactive and light on dashboard illuminates often after change, I decided to go for blueprint, touching the wood 15 months later and almost 40k miles no problems so far. Hope they last long. 👍

2 hours ago, mrpj said:

I wouldn't attempt that Hadrian. They are very tight fit (keep water etc. out) and could be easily damaged. The speed sender/sensor unit is not intended to be replaced.

I did remove one from a failed bearing hub when discovering that Toyota appear to use no name bearings of Chinese quality origin!

A  2016 car! What mileage? These Toyota hubs seem to be living up to my criticism about "quality" when I changed mine because it had failed.

Hi. The car has only done 36,000 miles. 

Just now, Greenbriggs9 said:

The wheel bearings can suffer premature failure due to the water ingress, moisture if the car had been left unused for long time exposed to elements. These bearings are not designed to work under water and crossing fords or deep water continues driving will kill them. Also hitting a bad potholes, kerb, etc can help bearings fail earlier than usual. 👍

20 hours ago, Greenbriggs9 said:

I rest my case m'lud!

In my case, no driving through fords, no driving in deep (above the hub) water etc.. I suspect similarly for the o.p.'s "lass". They should be made to withstand potholes and rough road surface, agreed not deep craters though. I still maintain that for well north of £200, for a Toyota supplied hub, it's a rip off for something that will be made for them by one of the probably better aftermarket manufacturers and shoved in a Toyota branded box. Or, dare I say, one of the cheap suppliers and made in China.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that part number 42450-0D112 fits this particular model absolutely perfectly. 

It has taken nearly two weeks to come through from auto doc, but it was only about £56. 

Plug fits perfectly and I was rolling again within half an hour. 

Thank you very much for all of your help. 

Much appreciated. 

Hadrian 

PXL_20210708_130826649.jpg

• Like 3