Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Good Dealers

Cyker

I feel like I've been doing a lot of dealer bashing lately, so I want to balance it up with some more positivity! (And also maybe find some better dealers!) - So can people with positive dealer experiences post here, maybe even the name/branch of the dealer if you think they deserve a plug?

I will say, although the sales and service departments of my two localest dealers have not filled me with confidence lately, I will say the parts desk of Hills of Woodford deserve praise - They are always very helpful, with the odd bit of advice and even offer discounts on a lot of stuff (Last time I got 5L of 0w20 5L there for £40 back when it was £60-70 for most other brands! :biggrin:

Our very own PartsKing also deserves a lot of praise; I haven't bought a huge amount of stuff from him (Bit too far away sadly!) but he's always put up with my annoying questions, and even helped find part numbers for stuff nobody else seemed able to! The man is a customer service legend! For those of you that live near a Lindop dealer, you should take advantage of their services; They were consistently at the top of the old dealer scoreboard that used to be on this forum when I first joined, and that's quite a feat!

I'll give a thumbs up to Listers @ Grantham....the dealings we have had with them since buying my wife's new Y20 Yaris (about 18 months ago now) have always been positive.

• Thanks 1

I can recommend Pinkstones of Stoke-on-Trent.

Always excellent service and recently saved me £300ish by going through the extended warranty path.

Always friendly and keeping me up to date with any work being done.

• Thanks 1

Listers in Coventry these days seems to be a lot better than it was.

We went there 16 years ago trying to get a test drive in an MR2 and they wanted us to come back in 2 weeks time and wouldnt even let us look at one of their used ones on the forecourt.

Went there last week and we were able to look at several Corollas, a CHR and a couple of RAV4s.  We were able to take a Corolla and a RAV4 for a drive, on our own, for a good twenty minutes each so got a proper drive of it.  The salesman Yusuf was veyr friendly and not high-pressure at all.

• Thanks 1

I am one of Lindop customers referred to by the original poster. They have 2 depots, Queensferry and Wrexham. I go to Queensferry as the nearest. Always nice and polite service,and we looked after whilst there.

• Thanks 1

I had many happy years dealing with a small company before they got taken over by one of the large groups. My dealings with the large group were far from happy. I got the feeling that all the sales people came from the Land Of Make Believe.

I've now placed an order for a Toyota with a different group and was told that I would have a chassis number the same day. That never happened so a different person told me it 'might' take two days. Over a week later and still nothing from the group or Toyota. I do wish dealerships would give you facts and not fairy stories. Not really impressed.

• Thanks 1

TBH parts departments seem to be the exception at most Main dealers, i needed an item replaced on one of my cars, a 2 min job - went to service, told 4 weeks, and they had to order the part - walked over to the forecourt to the parts counter, yes sir we have 10 of those, opened the bonnet, fitted it while being watch by the service writer think it cost me 3 quid

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the posts so far, much appreciated.

However, I can't help noticing it seems like all you !Removed! northerners are hogging the good toyota dealers while me and flash are stuck down here with the bad ones?!?! What's up with that??? :laugh:

• 1 month later...

I found Platinum Toyota in Bath and RGG Toyota Bradford are particularly good.

• Like 1

I found the Toyota dealer at Cameron toll in Edinburgh to be particularly carp.

Jemca in Bracknell were very helpful.

I dropped by to ask the service dept about activating the global window control from the remote. They tech took the car straight in and 10 mins later all done, no charge. I didn’t buy my car from them either but I would have done if they had one available.

Inchcape in Sandhurst were not so good, didn’t like the sales guy’s attitude. Put me off dealing with them to be honest. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It seem's I'm in the legendary dealer category too - (Lindop Deeside).

Although I must admit ,the deal I've got is outstanding, and couldn't have been more helpful whilst deciding what to order, and zero pressure too, which is a rarity these days! That being said, I'm more likely to just walk if I sense any badger/pressure.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 6/29/2021 at 3:26 PM, Chriss27 said:

Vantage York

I am glad someone mentioned Vantage as their Morecambe dealership is the closest to me, anyone have any experience of using them? 

Used the one in York a couple of times and can’t fault them. Great service  Very friendly and easy going and got me a good price for car compared to much bigger dealers 

• Like 2

Steven Eagell Toyota in Wolverhampton have always given me excellent service.

• Like 1

Fish Brothers Toyota in Swindon has always given me good service, I used them many years ago when I owned an MK1 MR2 and purchased a ex-demo Aygo from them in February.  I have had the yearly service done and also ordered another key and had it programmed there a few months ago without any issues.  On every visit the have been very welcoming and efficient.  If there is a downside it is that you sometimes have to wait a while but that is only because the dealership is always very busy which I guess is also a good sign.

• Like 3

I'm another satisfied Lindops customer, Queensferry being my nearest branch. I'm on Toyota No. 5 at the moment, Yaris, Corolla, Prius, Auris and another Yaris. Never had a problem with sales or service. For that matter I've never had a problem with any of the cars either, unlike other mobile sheds I have had the misfortune to come across over the years.

• Like 3

On 6/29/2021 at 8:32 PM, Cyker said:

However, I can't help noticing it seems like all you !Removed! northerners are hogging the good toyota dealers while me and flash are stuck down here with the bad ones?!?! What's up with that??? :laugh:

Move.........oop norf :lol:

• Haha 1

Oop North?

It's a bit grim oop ear tha knows.

I write this as I look out of my window, taking in the view of the beautiful chemical plant behind the abattoir, the interesting sculpture of shopping trolleys choking the polluted river, and feral children happily riding pit bikes up and down the slag heaps on the far distant horizon.

• Haha 2

I used the Lexus next door to Hills Woodford to buy a couple of iS200 many years ago. We used to look at the Toyota's while waiting for the lexus service. Funny never thought about buying one then but glad we have now.

Bper, do you think that the design of those is200s was one of the best looking ever, car designs?

I do, and really liked mine, straight six, rwd, auto se spec , a 2001 which I bought in 2007.

It felt properly engineered and indestructible, I eventually sold it to a hire outfit near one of the American air bases , they had about 12 of these and hired them out to base personnel who apparently liked them being auto especially.

Paul, best car we ever had, many people used to tell us how nice it looked. Brought two over 5 years and was sad when the new version came out, big skirts etc not a patch on the original. Sold it back in 2009 as we didn't use it enough in London along with extortionate parking permit charges etc in Islington.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links