Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driveshaft Issue

tarantula_123

Replaced my N/S driveshaft with an oem part, but have really struggled up until now to locate a cheap one for the O/S until today, where I ordered one from Driveshaft UK.

I pray its the same fitment with the intermediate ball joint found on the t - sports.

Anybody know if is a difficult job taking this side out and what needs to be removed to do so in the process? I am looking to replace the driveshaft/gearbox seal as well. 

On 6/30/2021 at 12:34 AM, tarantula_123 said:

Replaced my N/S driveshaft with an oem part, but have really struggled up until now to locate a cheap one for the O/S until today, where I ordered one from Driveshaft UK.

I pray its the same fitment with the intermediate ball joint found on the t - sports.

Anybody know if is a difficult job taking this side out and what needs to be removed to do so in the process? I am looking to replace the driveshaft/gearbox seal as well. 

Quick update. 

Got my new driveshaft today however these are still different. The set up is not correct? Any ideas or help? 

IMG-20210701-WA0001.jpg

Toyota-Corolla-TSport-Compressor-2ZZ-Driveshafts.jpg

That's completely the wrong one, that will be for a 1.4 or 1.6

You have equal length drive shafts, this allows a more equal distribution of the power

Please PM me your vin so i can look up the correct part

• 1 year later...

Did you find a replacement driveshaft for the right side?

On 8/14/2022 at 12:32 AM, Taidhg said:

Did you find a replacement driveshaft for the right side?

Hi,

I didn't actually. 

I found somebody who refurbished them so took that option for under £200. I can't remember the price exactly though. 

I do know what ball bearing is in the middle when you split the shaft open though, so if I ever needed it in the future I would know where to buy and what to do 🙂.

• Like 1