Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Register multimedia

MikeB2

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have just taken delivery of a Yaris  Design Hybrid from my local Toyota Dealership. It is a brand new vehicle and I am trying without any luck to register the multimedia device on the MyT app that I have downloaded on my smart phone. When I go to register the only options available are; Toyota Touch and Go, Touch 2 with Go (CY17), Toyota Touch 2 with Go Generation 1 and the Toyota Touch 2 with Go Generation 2. The multimedia device in my Yaris is the Touch 2 (which I think is standard for all the Yaris models. I have tried ringing the dealer (3 times) but the sales person who was looking after me is always busy and I am told he will ring me back. I have also sent emails which have gone unanswered! Wonderful after sales care. Can someone please help and point me in the right direction. Many thanks. Mike

Moved to the Yaris club.

The dealer should have set this up for you as they did when I bought my corolla. However I don’t know how but I managed to delete it from my Toyota I then had to use a different email and password for my Toyota.

I did not use my T app as I find it useless I set it up again on the my T website logged in then added car where it says add car top right of web page entered the reg or vin  they also ask for the code from the V5 but I can’t remember where it was on the document. I then entered the device Id under my multimedia.

The other thing is give it 2 weeks to a month after delivery and see if it is registered if not contact your dealer again and persist.

good luck.

Thanks for the reply Rosgoe.  I don't have the device id and can't find out how to access it in the set up menu. I have spoken to the dealers this morning and have to take the car back to them on Monday because I have found small chips in the paintwork and was told on the hand over that it was "just dust" after the application of Supagard. I rinsed the car off and found out it wasn't dust at all! Not impressed. I will see what the dealer intends to do and will let you know.

4 hours ago, MikeB2 said:

Thanks for the reply Rosgoe.  I don't have the device id and can't find out how to access it in the set up menu. I have spoken to the dealers this morning and have to take the car back to them on Monday because I have found small chips in the paintwork and was told on the hand over that it was "just dust" after the application of Supagard. I rinsed the car off and found out it wasn't dust at all! Not impressed. I will see what the dealer intends to do and will let you know.

If you have found chips on the paint that is awful I would be inclined to reject the car as not of merchantable quality.

If it's a new car, then you can't register the multimedia device in the app.  That's for Nav versions only.  The GR (with a pack) is the only new Yaris that has Nav capabilities built in.  

The app should give you things like Car Location and Hybrid Driver Score.  If those don't work, the dealer has not activated them when they gave you the car (or if like me, gave you the wrong car)

On 6/30/2021 at 6:06 PM, MikeB2 said:

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have just taken delivery of a Yaris  Design Hybrid from my local Toyota Dealership. It is a brand new vehicle and I am trying without any luck to register the multimedia device on the MyT app that I have downloaded on my smart phone. When I go to register the only options available are; Toyota Touch and Go, Touch 2 with Go (CY17), Toyota Touch 2 with Go Generation 1 and the Toyota Touch 2 with Go Generation 2. The multimedia device in my Yaris is the Touch 2 (which I think is standard for all the Yaris models. I have tried ringing the dealer (3 times) but the sales person who was looking after me is always busy and I am told he will ring me back. I have also sent emails which have gone unanswered! Wonderful after sales care. Can someone please help and point me in the right direction. Many thanks. Mike

As soon as you hand over your dosh, those nicey nicey sales reps are too busy to care. That was my experience of Toyota in Edinburgh. They put some kind of mascot in my car and talked a lot of ******* about post sales care but nothing like that happened. I also complained to the franchise manager because they'd not prepared the second hand car to Toyota standards. Now they're even more quiet. Toyota never again for me, I'm afraid.

Dealers are independent to Toyota motor company. Toyotas make great cars, some of the dealers are great, some are not so. Is there another dealer you could try.  Whether you have a Ford, Nissan, Honda, BMW etc you will also find good dealers and those not so good.

Must day our local sales team is not bad.  Our salesman still says hello, I suspect he wants to retain us personally and not let one of the other sharks get our number.

Just a quick update. Went in to the dealership to let them see the damaged paintwork. They told me that there is a 9 week lead time for a replacement car!! They inspected the  damaged paintwork and advised me that the "chips" were not chips at all but the Supagard application I paid extra for had not been applied correcly. They are going to reapply the paint protection again free of charge (I should think so too) Not a happy bunny but I have little choice. I am taking the car back in on Friday for them to do the re-application.  You live and learn.

Not impressed with the aftersales from the dealer. I took my car in on Friday and left it with them for 2 hours. When I went back to collect they couldn't find my keys. The staff were all busy prepping new cars that were due for hand over that day and I was left waiting for over 20 minutes. There were still marks on the paintwork and the response from the manager was "What do you want us to do?" I was flabbergasted at the reply. He went on to say that they had done all they can and then walked off!

Now to the first post, I contacted Tech Support about registering the Multimedia. They said that this feature is not available on the new Yaris and they are not planning to update the Multimedia any time soon. Why couldn't the dealership not have that information puzzles me. Thanks to all for your replies 

Touch2 - only the touch2 with Go gets the connected services and the GO navigation is not an option in the UK, as the system is designed to be used with a mobile phone for maps etc

you should be able to use the other features in the MyT app, like find My car

Any pictures of the marks in the paint work ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 12:11 PM, MikeB2 said:

Not impressed with the aftersales from the dealer. I took my car in on Friday and left it with them for 2 hours. When I went back to collect they couldn't find my keys. The staff were all busy prepping new cars that were due for hand over that day and I was left waiting for over 20 minutes. There were still marks on the paintwork and the response from the manager was "What do you want us to do?" I was flabbergasted at the reply. He went on to say that they had done all they can and then walked off!

Now to the first post, I contacted Tech Support about registering the Multimedia. They said that this feature is not available on the new Yaris and they are not planning to update the Multimedia any time soon. Why couldn't the dealership not have that information puzzles me. Thanks to all for your replies 

Thank you very much for your hard work which outcome has helped end my toil to connect my car multimedia device to my phone. 🙏🏾

On 6/30/2021 at 6:06 PM, MikeB2 said:

I have tried ringing the dealer (3 times) but the sales person who was looking after me is always busy and I am told he will ring me back. I have also sent emails which have gone unanswered! Wonderful after sales care. 

After my recent experiences with Vauxhall and my new Toyota order seeming to be going the same way, I get the general feeling that 'after sales service' is a thing of the past and no longer an option.