Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dealer Denies Liability for Car Scratch – Photographs say otherwise

W1P30UT

You may recall, our brand-new Yaris suffered a “electronic meltdown” rendering the car unroadworthy with over 50 error codes (Yaris Hybrid 2020 TNGA - Hybrid System Malfunction).

The car was recovered to the dealer and was with them nearly four weeks. When the car was returned, we noticed a deep repeated scratch in the door (down to the metal) below the door handle and immediately report it to the delivery driver of the garage and the garage itself. They denied responsibility stating it already arrived with the damage, and subsequently provided a job ticket with damaged marked on arrival also stating the car was “very dirty”. This was a surprise to me, as I visited the car a week before it was returned to collect some items, and cannot believe I missed such a large, big scratch while opening the same door.

Subsequently I have checked with the recovery company who helpfully provided pictures of the car been recovered. They show the car at point of recovery with no scratch, reasonable clean, and delivered to the dealer with no scratch.

What would you advise? Dare I say they have been a little less than honest?

If it were me, I would be beating a path to their door brandishing the incriminating evidence and demanding both an explanation (of why they lied) and what they propose to do by way of compensation and to make the situation right!

• Like 1

Get in touch with the Dealer Principal rather than the service department.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Get in touch with the Dealer Principal rather than the service department.

Totally agree. That's how I got my 3 years free servicing incl 1st MOT free over the kerfuffle/mistakes when we got our new one last October. They've been sweet as sugar to me since.

Agree with CPN.  Speak to the person in charge.  I just got a free service plan too + MOT too after my escapade with the wrong VIN to plate combo.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RobN-RG said:

Agree with CPN.  Speak to the person in charge.  I just got a free service plan too + MOT too after my escapade with the wrong VIN to plate combo.  

Great result! 😉

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links