Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 2011 Audio upgrade

Vang1

Added 10" 700watt Subwoofer with Fit-box case and mounted Amp and DSP under the floor :)
Will soon add new headunit and amp for the Speakers :)

What do you think ?

bass.png

IMG_20210627_202003.jpg

IMG_20210627_202010.jpg

• Like 3

Looks nice and tidy 🙂

Not a brand i have come across the rms spec's look good on paper, but they should for the money

Great install so far. One minor point is, I would have placed the subwoofer on the right side. This would help with the boot illumation, plus access the fuel cap release and EPB manual release. 
What about the door Speakers. I find the midrange a little weak, depending on the source. The bass is a little strong. Compared to my old Mk1 T22, the original T27 Speakers sounded better, because the T22 Speakers kept buzzing and rattling when the bass content was high. On hot days the speakers were distorting the sound badly at very low level volume. I replaced those with two way 6.5" speakers, so a massive sound improvement. My current T27 is standard and the only thing I have added, is Bluetooth/USB adapter via the CD changer port. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 12:28 PM, Konrad C said:

Great install so far. One minor point is, I would have placed the subwoofer on the right side. This would help with the boot illumation, plus access the fuel cap release and EPB manual release. 
What about the door speakers. I find the midrange a little weak, depending on the source. The bass is a little strong. Compared to my old Mk1 T22, the original T27 speakers sounded better, because the T22 speakers kept buzzing and rattling when the bass content was high. On hot days the speakers were distorting the sound badly at very low level volume. I replaced those with two way 6.5" speakers, so a massive sound improvement. My current T27 is standard and the only thing I have added, is Bluetooth/USB adapter via the CD changer port. 

The boot illumation is not covered, but yes it would be greater to have it on the other side. The bass box can easy be tilted to open the room for fuel cap release and the EPB manual release, takes 2 sec to move it.

Will change the Speakers later, need to upgrade my headunit first, the TNS510 is crappy. will upgrade with a Pioneer headunit with android Auto.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 4:20 PM, flash22 said:

Not a brand i have come across the rms spec's look good on paper, but they should for the money

Mosconi is the best brand i have ever used., Sound quality is perfect. First time i use a Ground Zero woofer, but i would recommend it.
have 20 years of experience in car stereo and i have tried a lot of amplifiers. if you go for sound quality Mosconi is great for the price.

I have gone through a lot of brands over the years too I still love my alpine PDX amps, for pure SQ Genesis is up there (hand made in the UK)

https://www.genesis-ice.com/

Rockford Fosgate PBR are great tiny amps and easy to hide

https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pbr300x1/