Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Catlocs do work

Wooster

I'm getting paranoid about my Cat Converter.  My 2010 Prius had it's Cat stolen and i had the Catloc fitted afterwards.  I traded the Prius in for a 2018 Auris Hybrid and had the Catloc fitted immediately. Within a few days I noticed a fresh dent in the sill under the drivers door where (I'm sure) some scumbag (in a Sainsbury's car park) had lifted the car up with a jack, seen the Catloc and moved on to find easier pickings.  (See photo)

1896001300_NewJackPoint.JPG.71a81787ed64e36d325d7fb070ea7651.JPG

• Like 5

That is a nasty dent left ., perhaps been non pro thieve. They usually look under first and then set jack and lift up, have you inspected underneath, is there any possibility they had tried to cut but someone has chased them and they had to leave the car on hurry and left that dent from releasing the jack quickly? 

Thought i had read this already

Well the catloc has done its job, as you say they want the easy ones, de-badging the car may not be a bad idea

At least you had the foresight to get a catloc to start with

3 of the major cat theft rings have been taken out in the last 6-8 months, and quite a few metal dealers have been raided - so these are just chancers - they aren't the brightest bunch either

• Like 3

17 hours ago, flash22 said:

de-badging the car may not be a bad idea

Following TonyHSD's comments some time ago, I've removed the 'Hybrid' badges.  But - should the 'Auris' Badge also be removed? 

No need to remove the Auris Badge - the blue outlined Toyota badges may be a give away tho

My car has no any signs except Toyota emblem front and rear made to look like standard non hybrid Toyota, full confusion anywhere I visit a garage, even in Toyota dealers they don’t know what car it is, Corolla, Yaris or Auris, however thieves are targeting now non hybrid Aurises since they have same large openings underneath and easy access to their cats, which is the main reason for been done these cars. Latest video shows Auris 2017 non hybrid or been masked but no cat lock and opposite Auris 2010 hybrid, both cars done in 2 -3min, still good to de Badge just in case some dumb man that been told get hybrids only may just walk away. Here is my car, not recognisable as hybrid or Auris particularly, since looks similar to Yaris too, but if they stop by and run a plate or look inside,…. 

D39E61BF-88D7-41B4-8D5E-958F72FCEF11.jpeg

068DEE6B-75E5-470D-9E7D-E31A52E10DED.jpeg

695BBA5B-5A98-47E0-8583-77796A29D267.jpeg

Have you painted the grill Badge please?

25 minutes ago, Auris Geezer said:

Have you painted the grill badge please?

No, just covered the blue tint with black wrapping foil., my car is old model no sensors inside. Easy job done and if I want to return to hybrid appearance I can easily too, done already on one car. Pictures of the front and rear emblem, rear one just removed the blue plastic, can put back as background when needed. 👍

A3C29289-681F-465C-8DC1-FA1533B6246A.jpeg

9E24D37A-9254-4066-A1E1-186445B864AC.jpeg
used this video for information 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links