Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear fog light not working, Toyota verso LHD AR2, 2.0 D-4D

Reddy Ran

Rear fog light is not working on my Toyota Verso LHD AR2 2011, 2.0 D-4D. Checked bulb and ok, fuse blown(replaced new), checked relay and works ok. The rear fog light still don't work. The car has a Towbar connected. If somebody faced similar issue or can help with finding the fault?

I'm new to this forum and can't find a similar post, please let me know if there is already a thread for similar issue.

Thank you!

The tow bar socket will have a fog light bypass switch which turns the car fog light off when a trailer is connected, it is fairly common for the switch to corrode/seize in the bypass position ( pushed in ) and not return when the trailer plug is removed.

Hello Devon Aygo

Thank you very much!

You are right and I tried to push the pin earlier, it springs back normal. Will try to check it by opening tomorrow.

I think there may be another reason as I went to a mechanic today and he did a quick check and couldn't find the cause. He pointed if it could be some wires which requires lot of time for him to fault trace.

• 11 months later...

Update:

Checked fuse(7,5A), was blown and replaced.

Checked relay and bulbs by switching positions of working ones and found working ok.

Checked the tow bar wiring inside socket and the blue wire(L) is not connected which is for the rear fog light. And there should be a grey(GR) for the switch function between car and trailer fog light and I don't find any grey wire there. Attached wiring picture and also the tow bar installation downloaded from some website, please let me know if someone has any idea how this can be solved.

Towbar socket connections.JPG

Verso LHD Tow bar wiring kit 7-pole PZ457-E8564-00 AIM 001 565-1.pdf