Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

CHR disappointment

SunnySky

Yeah I did raise that as a concern when it was announced, esp. since originally it was said it was equivalent to the manufacturer or extended warranty, but then we found loads of things had been excluded (i.e. anything likely to break! :laugh: ) so it actually covers quite a lot less than the manufacturer or old extended warranties.

It would also depend on the dealer, as I'm sure mine would fight almost any claim (I don't know why given it's more money for them, just from the mothership instead of moi; They just seem to have that kind of mindset alas...)

Still, they are a business not a charity so I figured this is more for marketing than anything else, but it does take some of the sting out of the increasingly expensive servicing charges... (I do miss the old Gold & Silver schemes, not that they'd apply to my car anyway, but still...)

59 minutes ago, Starensis said:

It was the first service after the 5 year warranty had expired ( e.g end of year 6 ).

Relax came into effect on 1st June 2021.

Was the 5th service done by a Toyota dealer after 1st June 2021 - if so this should have provided the Relax warranty for 1 year/10,000 miles?

If the 5th service was done before June 2021, the Rav wouldn't have been covered under the Relax warranty, as the scheme wasn't operational before June 2021.

If the 5th service was done outside the Toyota dealer network, the Relax warranty wouldn't have been activated at that time, so there was a gap in warranty coverage. Hence the faults identified at the 6th service weren't covered under Relax.

6 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Relax came into effect on 1st June 2021.

Was the 5th service done by a Toyota dealer after 1st June 2021 - if so this should have provided the Relax warranty for 1 year/10,000 miles?

If the 5th service was done before June 2021, the Rav wouldn't have been covered under the Relax warranty, as the scheme wasn't operational before June 2021.

If the 5th service was done outside the Toyota dealer network, the Relax warranty wouldn't have been activated at that time, so there was a gap in warranty coverage. Hence the faults identified at the 6th service weren't covered under Relax.

Mmm…..I read it as - if you have the car serviced with Toyota, you will be covered for anything a warranty normally covers; regardless of where it has been serviced.
His 5th service ( year warranty expired ) was done at a mates garage, but booked stamped and all parts OEM. 
So, if he has it serviced at Toyota next year, will they fix the water pump? I understand a rubber boot is classed as wear and tear, so know that probably won’t be covered.

However, as the 5th service was done by an independent, effectively there is a one year gap in warranty coverage between the expiry of the 5 year new car warranty and the Relax warranty activated at the 6th service. 

As the water pump fault has been identified at the 6th service - a fault occurring during the gap in warranty - doubt whether this will be fixed under Relax at the 7th service.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

However, as the 5th service was done by an independent, effectively there is a one year gap in warranty coverage between the expiry of the 5 year new car warranty and the Relax warranty activated at the 6th service. 

As the water pump fault has been identified at the 6th service - a fault occurring during the gap in warranty - doubt whether this will be fixed under Relax at the 7th service.

Poor form on a 6-year old Toyota car - water pump leak.

45 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Relax warranty won't cover the water pump as it now an existing fault when the Relax warranty was activated by the Toyota service.

Is it actually leaking? Or is this like the time they told me I needed a new shock absorber because it was leaking except it wasn't and it was just some oily residue from somewhere else that had gotten on there.

25 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Is it actually leaking? Or is this like the time they told me I needed a new shock absorber because it was leaking except it wasn't and it was just some oily residue from somewhere else that had gotten on there.

Not sure. It’s my sons car and he’s a former Toyota tech, so he will have a look at some point I would think.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

Yeah I did raise that as a concern when it was announced, esp. since originally it was said it was equivalent to the manufacturer or extended warranty, but then we found loads of things had been excluded (i.e. anything likely to break! :laugh: ) so it actually covers quite a lot less than the manufacturer or old extended warranties.

It would also depend on the dealer, as I'm sure mine would fight almost any claim (I don't know why given it's more money for them, just from the mothership instead of moi; They just seem to have that kind of mindset alas...)

Still, they are a business not a charity so I figured this is more for marketing than anything else, but it does take some of the sting out of the increasingly expensive servicing charges... (I do miss the old Gold & Silver schemes, not that they'd apply to my car anyway, but still...)

I find this a little strange (in bold#Cyker), extended warranties normally DO replace broken parts as this is very rare on any make of vehicle and it makes good print in any advertising to try and confuse the whole warranty issue. What they DON'T normally replace is anything that comes under wear and tear but as always it comes down to who you are dealing with.

Here's an observation. Toyota warranties vary so much around the world, in my neck of the woods I get a full 6 year on the car and 11 years on the Battery. In the USA I have seen 10 years and 10 years  respectively, Australia 5 years and 5 years, Germany 3 years+7 and up to 10 years on a lease. Italy 5 years and 8years . . . . . etc.

1 hour ago, GBgraham said:

I find this a little strange (in bold#Cyker), extended warranties normally DO replace broken parts as this is very rare on any make of vehicle and it makes good print in any advertising to try and confuse the whole warranty issue. What they DON'T normally replace is anything that comes under wear and tear but as always it comes down to who you are dealing with.

Here's an observation. Toyota warranties vary so much around the world, in my neck of the woods I get a full 6 year on the car and 11 years on the battery. In the USA I have seen 10 years and 10 years  respectively, Australia 5 years and 5 years, Germany 3 years+7 and up to 10 years on a lease. Italy 5 years and 8years . . . . . etc.

It is strange. You’d think a water pump leak on a 6 year-old Toyota is a concern for them.

He’s been quoted £330 for water pump replacement by dealer. I’ve told him to take it to Customer relations.

1 hour ago, GBgraham said:

Toyota warranties vary so much around the world, in my neck of the woods I get a full 6 year on the car and 11 years on the battery

Toyota warranties vary according to the importer for each specific market area.

Since June 2021, in most of Europe (including the UK, Italy and Germany) the new car warranty is 3 years/100,000km (60,000 miles in the UK), and this is backed up by Relax - a 1 year/15,000km (10,000 miles in the UK) extended warranty that is activated when the car is serviced by a Toyota dealer after the new car warranty has expired. Relax can be extended up to the time the car is 10 years old or has reached 160,000km (100,000 miles in the UK).

In the UK the hybrid Battery warranty can be extended up to 15 years by having an annual Hybrid Health Check done by a Toyota dealer (included within the hybrid electric service).

At the end of the day the vehicle is now outside the original manufacturers warranty period plus has also been serviced outside the main dealer network.

• 10 months later...

Yes you are right For these reason I choose a Corola

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links