Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear view camera

mk1

I have not seen this type of camera installed on an IQ, do you know if this will be compatible with the normal TNS510 head unit with regards wiring and stuff.

I assume you would be able to follow the Toyota instructions (see attached) or would anyone be able to enlighten me to a way to get this to work with the TNS510 head unit, as it looks a very neat solution compared to the OEM camera.

iQ Back Camera PZ422-00140-00.pdf

It will require some wiring 12v from the reverse light to power the camera, as the OEM radios only puts out 6v and connect the composite video to the Radio

As the TNS510 uses a 20 pin connector the ready-made leads are hard to find, you may have to get the more common 16 pin version, and transfer the pins

or find the pins to suit

Edit. The link the OP posted will not be right for the IQ as the camera angle will be wrong

There are options out there, the cleanest one i have seen is just above the middle on the number plate

As Flash says, it'll need some wiring for installing with a TNS510 however if you're going for an aftermarket as I was this is a great camera and very discrete.

Rear View Camera (Installed) blurred.jpg

How good does the image look on your screen, could you take a picture of it please. 

yes, CAM-TY2-AD around £20 - you only need to release 2 pins (composite video) and put them into the 20 pin connector (pin 1 and 11)

Socket view................

492733917_20pinrevcamtns510.thumb.jpg.3c9ef26ea8efbedbafdc62233c296fd3.jpg