Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Maps update

SK11

I have recently downloaded and updated maps of my rav4 hybrid 2018. Operation was successful based on message shown in touch screen. Is there a way to confirm that maps have been updated? i.e can i see anywhere in the system a new version/code of the updated maps ?

2 hours ago, SK11 said:

I have recently downloaded and updated maps of my rav4 hybrid 2018. Operation was successful based on message shown in touch screen. Is there a way to confirm that maps have been updated? i.e can i see anywhere in the system a new version/code of the updated maps ?

Setup - general - system information. That will show your current software and map version. Hope this helps

Hello raf82

Thank you for your message. In system information, software version remained the same (6.8.1WL) and MAP ID too (2016v2).

I noticed that request code has changed though.

10 hours ago, SK11 said:

Hello raf82

Thank you for your message. In system information, software version remained the same (6.8.1WL) and MAP ID too (2016v2).

I noticed that request code has changed though.

Sounds like your update didn't work. Which version are you updating to? 

I downloaded map of europe from e-store (see attachment). Maybe only paid version are the ones that update the system

image.thumb.png.2335d373896cc6d3292b102cba108e10.png

Just an update on the above matter. I downloaded new version of maps (6.17.0L shown in figure of previous comment). A usb which has been formatted to fat32 is required. Just plugged it on car usb socket and it started updating. Took around 40 minutes for the completion of the update

Hi Selios,

Are you saying you down loaded a new maps version for free? How do you format a usb stick to fat 32 ?  What is the memory size of the stick required.  I have been lead to believe that each year the Maps software is updated.  So i would expect the latest version to be at least 2020 ?  I have been quoted £148 for the a upgrade at a main dealer !  Do I have any other option do you think ?  Cheers

1 hour ago, Machloop said:

Are you saying you down loaded a new maps version for free?

Presumably the update was part of the three years free map updates from when the 2018 car was new.

On 7/25/2021 at 9:59 PM, Machloop said:

Hi Selios,

Are you saying you down loaded a new maps version for free? How do you format a usb stick to fat 32 ?  What is the memory size of the stick required.  I have been lead to believe that each year the Maps software is updated.  So i would expect the latest version to be at least 2020 ?  I have been quoted £148 for the a upgrade at a main dealer !  Do I have any other option do you think ?  Cheers

Your car is listed as 2012 in your profile, I would suggest you have a look at eBay and spend £30ish if you want the latest maps/software, but realistically I wouldn’t bother, the maps will be significantly out of date compared to Waze/Google Mals/Apple Maps/TomTom etc. most of which are free on your phone.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 9:59 PM, Machloop said:

So i would expect the latest version to be at least 2020 ?  I have been quoted £148 for the a upgrade at a main dealer !  Do I have any other option do you think ?  Cheers

Yes, either buy a stand alone sat nav, or use a smartphone with free Waze or small fee for TomTom software. For the number of times I need a sat nav I use Waze. Fortunately dementia has not set in and I can still find my way round the local area.

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...
On 7/25/2021 at 11:19 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Presumably the update was part of the three years free map updates from when the 2018 car was new.

Reading an old thread @FROSTYBALLS

if I purchase a second hand 2 year old Rav4 does that mean I would get the last year of map updates at not cost for the vehicle ? If so how?

thanks in advance. 

You should do ...

You need to have your vehicle and multimedia system registered to your account on My Toyota. Then how you access the map updates depends slightly on how well the previous owner has kept them up to date:

• If the map is reasonably up to date the update can be carried out over the air using a wireless connection. You simply set-up the access to your My Toyota account via WiFi and Update the map.
  • Alternatively, you can access map updates via My Toyota, download the update to USB and then apply that to the car.

Option 2 works irrespective of whether or not you have a pre-paid subscription - it's just that in years 4 and on you would need to pay ... 😉

• Thanks 1

Thanks - seems very similar to the Auris before they removed the toolkit, then the webpage link then removed it all with no notice (separate rant) to customers. 

I’ve always opened for USB always seems a safer transfer of data

anyone know the cost IF it’s past the 3 years (I note my Auris is able to get the eBay £30 map updates via USB which is way cheaper than the £150 dealer fee for one update)

Wonders post 3 years old if any service plan like Honda/BMW inc the maps 

15 minutes ago, Packard said:

anyone know the cost

This morning it tells me that the latest map (that I already have) would cost £119 - but it's free to me while I am under Map Care.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, philip42h said:

This morning it tells me that the latest map (that I already have) would cost £119 - but it's free to me while I am under Map Care.

Thanks that really helps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links