Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Constant velocity boot

donkeychomp

So my little Yaris sailed through her MOT...I was amazed, but this was the advisory. I take it they mean the little rubber bootie that goes around the propshaft?  And I bet I need to get her up on ramps to do the job!! 😁

Wheel off, suspension joint apart, you may get away without removing the driveshaft.

Alternatively, you can try one of those boots that glue together, but I've never heard of one that lasts more than a year.

• Like 1

I've seen some that use jubilee clips to hold them together. Might be worth a go.

If you put the split boot on which you glue together, you will be doing the repair again next year as the joint twists and turns constantly with the steering, you can't beat the one piece boot as it was intended, it's not that difficult to change with a little knowledge and a good tool kit but would only take an hour, a good garage should be able to change it in less time.

• Like 1

I think I can do this myself. Done it on other cars just never heard it called a constant velocity anything before!

• Like 1

Yeah, I only knew them as CV joints and CV boots for the longest time before I found out CV meant Constant Velocity :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1