Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

Reading the posts on this thread I realise how very lucky I was when I bought my MK4 Excel in April 21.  The Toyota dealer had just taken delivery of an Excel in a colour I wanted and with the protection pack I wanted to use as a demonstrator but they let me have it. It just needed whatever they need to do to it once it's off the transporter and I was driving it in 2 weeks! Right place, right time!

It must be frustrating having to wait many months but the car is well worth the wait. I'm not really a car enthusiast, they get me from A to B and that's about all I care about but this little Yaris is the only car I have had an affection for 😄

• Like 3

Coming from the Smartcar it'll feel like a rocket ship!

The Smartcar in question has the larger and more powerful?? 900cc engine, producing 89Hp  😁. The test drive in the Yaris has already proved that it will be the more exciting car to drive.

Be interesting to see how the fuel bill compares to the Smartcar!

The Smartcar is getting around 65mpg and to be honest, I have no idea what the Yaris should be getting.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Big_D said:

The Smartcar is getting around 65mpg and to be honest, I have no idea what the Yaris should be getting.

I'm getting 4l/100 (c. 70mpg), with less than 500 km on the car with day time temperatures running around 12°-15°C, mix of shortish runs 15-25km, with very short runs.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Big_D said:

The Smartcar in question has the larger and more powerful?? 900cc engine, producing 89Hp  😁. The test drive in the Yaris has already proved that it will be the more exciting car to drive.

Wow, that's actually quite impressive for 0.9L! The 1.0L Yaris engine is something like 68HP and the original 1.3 was still only 86HP!! No wonder those things were flying past me on the motorway :laugh: 

53 minutes ago, Big_D said:

MPG-wise I'm currently getting 70-75 depending on how much I'm hooning it, and if I use the heater (The heater really kills the mpg as it runs the engine a lot more than it normally would), but in high summer even with the AC on I was hitting 80mpg - Not too shabby! Will be interesting to see if I can still do that now we're on E10.

It does want to get to operating temperature for best results tho' - Lots of short journeys that don't let the engine temp get above 1-2 bars also kills the mpg. When it's cold I find driving a bit more aggressively helps - Gentle driving just means the mpg stays meh for the whole trip as the engine stays cold, but giving it more beans initially means the mpg tanks at first but you get it back and more later on as the engine is at operating temperature and can stay there.

• Like 1

No wonder those things were flying past me on the motorway

Yes, they are quick little cars (and quite fun to drive too).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kim 123 said:

It must be frustrating having to wait many months but the car is well worth the wait

I traded in my car for scrap as it was undrivable  and Toyota were offering more for the scrap than it was worth to repair. So I’ve had no car for months 😄 luckily it hopefully only 2 more months than expected so.. not great but not the worst 

• Like 2

If you can't wait for the long delivery times can i suggest you enquire if there's any in stock?

I was in a massive hurry and did just that, and they found one in stock, i got it within a couple of weeks. Wasn't really the colour i wanted, but i don't regret it all.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

Lots of short journeys that don't let the engine temp get above 1-2 bars also kills the mpg

My Yaris sleeps in a garage, and I forgot to close the garage doors Sunday afternoon. Nighttime low temperature was about, or just below 0°C. Under those conditions the garage would be 4°C or so come morning. Monday is market day around here. Here's the MyT extract for the two market trips, very short, and a longer trip later in the day.

Later in the day 13°C :-

IMG_0123.jpeg

Return from market 9°C:-

IMG_0122.jpeg

Going to Market 4°C:-

IMG_0121.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi, I ordered a Yaris Excel 3 days ago to replace my Corolla Excel as my car size needs have changed since my husband’s passing. Waiting time for delivery is now 6 months. Price of second hand cars is sky high because of the production problems of new cars. ‘Uncovered orders’ says Toyota. 😆
Sales person said customers were choosing the Dynamic as it was more readily available. 

• Like 1

Dynamic no longer available on the Toyota Yaris configurator.

Hi,

For everyone that had they delivery postponed for March 2022, do you have any update in the build status in MyT app ?

i've received an email, but still showing order being processed but a new map and the factory where the car will be build

Br

J

6 minutes ago, JMCterrano2 said:

Hi,

For everyone that had they delivery postponed for March 2022, do you have any update in the build status in MyT app ?

i've received an email, but still showing order being processed but a new map and the factory where the car will be build

Br

J

If it’s showing the locations of all the steps now you can login to the website go to your cars status page, right click > inspect element. Go to the network tab of the inspection pane, and reload the page. Look for the file with your cars order number (bunch of long numbers) and you’ll see a Json file a structured data file. This might include estimated dates for transport and final delivery. 

someone else here on the forum posted that tip previously. 

The locations for my car showed up a few weeks ago and it’s now being built this week

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ebem said:

If it’s showing the locations of all the steps now you can login to the website go to your cars status page, right click > inspect element. Go to the network tab of the inspection pane, and reload the page. Look for the file with your cars order number (bunch of long numbers) and you’ll see a Json file a structured data file. This might include estimated dates for transport and final delivery. 

someone else here on the forum posted that tip previously. 

The locations for my car showed up a few weeks ago and it’s now being built this week

Yes, Seen those dates using the inspector functionality, however does not match the dates de dealer had provided, currently still in processing order, but the date to leave factory to the Hub is on the 22nd but still nothing mentioning the build

BR

Going through the motions of pretending to order a car directly on the Toyota web site it gives a 26 week expected delivery time on the Yaris Excel. It states that there are earlier options too. Click on the link and it offers a Yaris Icon......in 26 weeks!!

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2022 at 5:44 PM, JMCterrano2 said:

Yes, Seen those dates using the inspector functionality, however does not match the dates de dealer had provided, currently still in processing order, but the date to leave factory to the Hub is on the 22nd but still nothing mentioning the build

BR

My dealer has told me that the dates we pull off the back of myt are more accurate than the snippets of info they have

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Woofwoof said:

My dealer has told me that the dates we pull off the back of myt are more accurate than the snippets of info they have

Thanks for the info,

Hope this means mine will be delivered sooner than I was expecting 

BR

J

On 1/10/2022 at 5:44 PM, JMCterrano2 said:

BR

I initially got dates of November last year from the dealer.. until it was pushed back. Near the end of December when the details showed up on the app and website I actually had more information than the dealer had available to him. 

My car entered the build stage on Monday and should in theory be expected to leave the factory today. 

That will be the estimated date. Those guide dates are a bit pessimistic, but overall compared with the dates pulled from the app, my car was delivered roughly two weeks before the original estimate. What took a long time, and it always is when you are waiting, was the transition from "left factory" to "in transit". 

Although when the car comes off the line and is parked it still is in the factory. There may, or may not, be physical movement of the car when it is in marked "In transit". "In transit" doesn't necessarily mean that the car is now on its way to you. It just means that the car has moved from production to outbound logistics. My car was built in CZ and it took roughly 2 weeks before it was moved from the CZ logistics hub to the FR logistics hub.

During this time the MyT app showed some curious locations for the car, but once the car was under the responsibility of the FR hub, it then took another 10 days or so to arrive at the dealer.

Thank you for the feedback it does give an additional insight to what is happening in the background even if not always transparent from Toyotas side either dealer or app 

• Like 1

The Toyota site has shifted its estimated final delivery date to the middle of Feb, but its also departed the factory on time and is ready to ship across to the UK. So I'm hoping its estimate of a month from Belgium (current location in transport) to the car dealer is just buffer 😅

8 hours ago, Ebem said:

I'm hoping its estimate of a month from Belgium (current location in transport) to the car dealer is just buffer.

As I interpreted those estimated dates as “no later than”, and that worked for me. I’d say that the likely arrival date at the dealer is going to be 2 to 3 weeks.

OTOH, if the UK distribution works on a similar model to how it is a France, your car has to go from Belgium to the UK hub, and then on to the dealer. 

• Like 2

Have to be mindful - if car is in-build, it could also mean it's built but having a repair or stuck in WiP. The 15 hours stated, could also mean 4/5 days.

Hi. I ordered my Yaris Dynamic in mid October. It has been built and waiting to be transported from France which I know will take time. Do I call the dealership and try to make sure I don't take delivery until March so it's a 22 plate or take it as soon as I can. I can't decide. 

18 minutes ago, PL512 said:

Hi. I ordered my Yaris Dynamic in mid October. It has been built and waiting to be transported from France which I know will take time. Do I call the dealership and try to make sure I don't take delivery until March so it's a 22 plate or take it as soon as I can. I can't decide. 

Our cars are probably waiting in the same port right now. I noticed that the transport date from the port to the UK reduced the other day. originally the 20th, now says the 18th (to arrive in the UK on the 19th). 

Is there specific dates that determine if you get a 22 plate? 

For myself im taking it as soon as I can as im without a car, im not sure if it makes a difference between a 21 plate and a 22 plate? but I cant wait either way. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links