Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

1 hour ago, Cjohnston1982 said:

Mine has now arrive in Grimsby, UK. It seems to take a week then from factory to Grimsby 

The bit that is really going to annoy you is that it will now take 2 weeks to get from Grimsby to the national distribution centre at Derby and the associated processing that goes with that! 😉

• Sad 1

Will Toyota accept an order "today" for delivery in March/April 2021?

• 1 month later...

I ordered my Yaris Excel on the 14th July 2021 with an estimated delivery date of 21st October.

I have just received an email saying the new delivery date is 15th March 2022. Are there production problems?

8 minutes ago, ICF said:

Are there production problems?

Yes - some Toyota plants are being affected by the global chip shortage.

2 hours ago, ICF said:

I ordered my Yaris Excel on the 14th July 2021 with an estimated delivery date of 21st October.

I have just received an email saying the new delivery date is 15th March 2022. Are there production problems?

That's not very promising for me ! I ordered my Yaris 31/08/2021 with a quoted December 2021 / January 2022 date. OTOH, since I am in France and mine is LHD, it could be a question of how the cars are "batched" for production. The factory was closed for roughly a month in August, which was at least two weeks longer than unusual, due, as FB wrote, to the shortage of "chips".

It is a test of patience, but just keep reminding yourself it'll be worth the wait - The car is *****ing brilliant :biggrin: 

I ordered a Yaris Design 6th of September. I’ve confirmed with the garage today (30th September) that we are still expecting delivery mid November. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I ordered a Dynamic on 3rd September with estimated delivery of mid December. Been advised today the expected date has changed to 23 Feb. 

1 hour ago, cheekismo said:

Hi

I ordered a Dynamic on 3rd September with estimated delivery of mid December. Been advised today the expected date has changed to 23 Feb. 

Coincidentally I’ve had confirmation from my garage today that the ETA still remains for mid November. That’s a Design specification. 

I ordered a Yaris Design at beginning of August and was told delivery date of beginning of October. Currently being told 10th November and the app is now showing it as in build - hooray!

• Like 1

Update on my order.

I ordered a Yaris Design 6th of September. Over the weekend, I got some updates an it's now in transit Zeebrugge. Should collect beginning of 3rd week of November.

• Like 2

Hello all,

Just called my dealership to see if they had an update on my delivery and just been informed my delivery date moved from December to end of March 2022.

Ordered an Excel end of August inital delivey December but now another 3 months on top, what should be my options can someone advise?

Thanks

J

Probably affected by the global chip shortage, and production delays. This isn't only affecting Toyota (although Toyota has been little affected until September), but is across numbers of manufacturers. Just be aware that other manufacturers have similar issues, so just changing model/manufacturer may not be any different.

Think you need to discuss your options with your dealer.

s said above by FBalls, the chip shortage is worldwide and affects lots of products, really anything that requires chips ie mobile phones, computers etc

Design spec obviously uses chips there's plentiful supply of. Excel spec looks like there's a wait. I'd be changing spec in a buyer's shoes.

Those who've ordered did you go it solely online or through a dealer? I am going through a dealer and the Website and MyT app show nothing of my order. 

30 minutes ago, Campblor said:

I am going through a dealer and the Website and MyT app show nothing of my order. 

So when did you actually place the order?

7 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

So when did you actually place the order?

First week of July. MK4 Dynamic with the city pack

3 hours ago, Campblor said:

Those who've ordered did you go it solely online or through a dealer? I am going through a dealer and the Website and MyT app show nothing of my order. 

I ordered mine in a dealership and i could see it in MyT app the following day with the welcome email from Toyota.

Br

J

Ordered in August and very happy to say I collected my Design yesterday, very happy with it 🙂

A059F156-56FB-4B99-873B-58E90E0AFD93.jpeg

• Like 8

Nice colour Debbie.  Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

Hiya!

Ordered my Launch edition second week of August. My T app.showed on Sunday Build in progress and today it has showed both Left factory and in transit (Zeebrugee).

Any quess  how long would it take ?

So so excited I can't sleep now !!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered a new Excel and the dealer has come back with a delivery date of September 2023! I was expecting delays of up to 3 months but I am now considering whether to just cancel and look at something else?

I understand there are supply issues, but it seems Toyota are affected far more than other manufacturers?

18 minutes ago, taffy4me2 said:

Just ordered a new Excel and the dealer has come back with a delivery date of September 2023! I was expecting delays of up to 3 months but I am now considering whether to just cancel and look at something else?

I understand there are supply issues, but it seems Toyota are affected far more than other manufacturers?

Almost two years away ? That's unbelievable. Are you certain he meant 2023 ? Nobody is going to wait that long for a car. Maybe try another dealer ?