Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

Wife ordered her Excel mid January and me at the end of January.

She had a cancellation car with same spec so was quoted April and I had July.

My T showed in progress for me then doesnt register my car on the app or website at all. The Wife never had the option as it is effectively someone elses car til it gets to the dealership.

Anyone had any luck with missing details re-appearing in the App?

Mine had also disppeared, I waited about a week and it didn't come back to I contacted Toyota via the Help Centre on the website.  They sorted it within a couple of days.

Rang the dealer and my order is still OK, so at least it disappearing off the app wasn’t it being cancelled and looking like September.  Contacted Toyota to get my order put back on the My T app.  I see other Excel orders in January are July ish assume mine is later due to the colour I picked, I didn’t add any optional extras.

• Like 1

Newbie here, I ordered my Yaris Cross on Feb 5th, My Toyota app says car is in Derby, not sure how long I have to wait now until I get my car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GSM11 said:

Rang the dealer and my order is still OK, so at least it disappearing off the app wasn’t it being cancelled and looking like September.  Contacted Toyota to get my order put back on the My T app.  I see other Excel orders in January are July ish assume mine is later due to the colour I picked, I didn’t add any optional extras.

Colour does make a difference. Was your colour Scarlet Flare, or Platinum White Pearl? 

1 hour ago, Big_D said:

Colour does make a difference. Was your colour Scarlet Flare, or Platinum White Pearl? 

Titan Bronze, bit of either love it or hate it colour from what the dealer said I really liked it.

• Like 1

I've ordered a Yaris Design in metallic black with pano roof and parking sensors (MY 22 can have these as an option). The order was placed on March 13th. Dealer has said I will get the car December 22 or January 2023. He said if I ditched the pano roof I could have it by September but I would rather wait for the roof.

• Like 2

We're waiting for the Scarlet Flare with Panoramic roof and tech pack.

Rang dealer who said, "The app is crap, dont trust it".

Sadly my June has been put back to September 😞

Yaris Excel (Wanted dynamique but they stopped offering it) in Decuma Grey with protection+ pack

Its only a couple more months delay, but would have been easier regarding insurance if it was June.

I contacted Toyota app support weeks ago and had no response.

Janx, was it the dealer who gave you the revised date?  My order was 3 weeks or so after yours. 

Makes no odds really though before October would be good.  

I suspect supply chain issues rather than order book management. 

15 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Janx, was it the dealer who gave you the revised date?  My order was 3 weeks or so after yours. 

Makes no odds really though before October would be good.  

I suspect supply chain issues rather than order book management. 

Yeah, My Wife's has been put back from April to May also.

He did say that they are a slave to the dates they are givem and they can come forward as unexpectedly as they go back. I know there is a chip shortage and supply chain issues, but when you order a car its a shock to see its delivery estimate being 5 months from order let alone a further 3 months added during that wait...

I guess it means I can save up a bit more until then - but my IQ has already needed a windscreen replacement a few weeks ago and my tyres are starting to go as bald as me lol!

• Haha 1

Yes, I have no pressure, still have 14 months to run on present purchase. When I switch my payments remain unchanged. Thanks to Covid 😕 I will be well under my contracted mileage although running high on a monthly basis. 

Dealer was surprised when I opted for 12k given my age etc.  However with mother in law and hour North, a brother in law 5 hours south west, a daughter 3 hours south and the other 6 hours east it soon adds up. 

On 3/31/2022 at 11:24 AM, TimChapman said:

That's good news, my build date is still showing as 4/4 so fingers crossed it should be built on Monday.

Just a quick update, my Dynamic was built yesterday (as expected) and is now showing as left the factory, ETA is still showing as 5/5/22.

• Like 1

Spoke with the dealer this morning, the original delivery estimate from the early Feb order was June/July and is now still July. 

As an aside I asked that my number plate have UK as it international plate.  I was told they couldn't as we were no longer in the EU.  I would have to put a GB sticker on.  I pointed out it should be UK.  Next thing he found and gave me a UK sticker 😄

I think Flash gave us the number plate specs. Anyone seen a UK plate yet? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Spoke with the dealer this morning, the original delivery estimate from the early Feb order was June/July and is now still July. 

As an aside I asked that my number plate have UK as it international plate.  I was told they couldn't as we were no longer in the EU.  I would have to put a GB sticker on.  I pointed out it should be UK.  Next thing he found and gave me a UK sticker 😄

I think Flash gave us the number plate specs. Anyone seen a UK plate yet? 

I thought number plates now were just reg No with no flag or country reference? Are you just adding a sticker to them?

• Like 1

Yeah, it's supposed to just be plain yellow with black writing, with the BS number and company who made the plate, and if you're in a fancy EV a green flash where the old EU country code used to go.

For use abroad we're supposed to use those oval stickers like we did in the 'old days' :laugh: 

Not sure why its "UK" instead of "GB" now, but thems the rules!

Thanks Tim, I found that too.  UK was a Borisism as the historic GB excluded Northern Ireland though GBG, GBJ, GBM and GBZ seemed to work. 

I posted up a guide a while back, BS AU145E

Lots of poor info online, this is from our LEGAL plate supplier, any UK identifier MUST be an integral part of the plate, it cannot be stuck on later 

• Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 11:10 PM, OTS84 said:

Mine is giving an eta at derby of tomorrow. How do you search up 21MY v 22MY?

Just wondering if you have any updates after arrival at Derby ? Also waiting …

3 hours ago, Ange1256 said:

Just wondering if you have any updates after arrival at Derby ? Also waiting …

It’s been at Toton since Friday 1st. Thought it may have moved now but no update. ETA at dealer is still showing 22/04 but hoping it won’t take that long to get there. Is yours the same? Constantly checking mine!

Just now, OTS84 said:

It’s been at Toton since Friday 1st. Thought it may have moved now but no update. ETA at dealer is still showing 22/04 but hoping it won’t take that long to get there. Is yours the same? Constantly checking mine!

Yes , but noticed today on the web page that it’s now saying in transit at Derbyshire ( ie moved from Toton ) so my be on the way to or at Burnaston  . I can’t tract the hidden data , but I’ve previously been told arrival at the dealership 25/4/22 … I’m hopefull it will be sooner 

• Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 9:29 AM, Starensis said:

Well, had another update today and car is built ( have a VIN ); listed as Left Factory. Hopefully, will get it in 2/3 weeks. Estimated date of arrival is still estimated as 3/5.

I have also checked VIN and coming up as 21MY, not 22MY.

Is yours still showing an ETA of 3/5, mine is was 5/5 but is now showing as 20/5 😞

Well, car has been at dealers for over a week.

Currently been unable to negotiate and settle on a day for pick up yet, because either dates don’t work for them or me.

Easter is fast approaching, which furthers the delay more. 

At this rate I’m going to be into May with a date that I can do, this is turning out more frustrating than the wait for it to be built, absolutely crazy! 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links