Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

1 hour ago, ParisYaris said:

Glad to hear that you two are picking up your cars soon.  I ordered mine just at the end of March, so still have a long way to go to September. 

Would love to hear your experience when you do go to collect it e.g what procedures you had to go through, any inspection before leaving the dealership etc.  I have never purchased a brand new car so I am kind of excited by the whole process. 

I ordered an Excel in white.  What did you ordered?

I’ve gone for the Dynamic in pearl white for my wife. I’ve also got a Corolla on order for myself which isn’t due until late May. It’s been frustrating at times waiting but will be worth it in the end. Both cars were ordered Nov 21. I have a good relationship with my dealer who has sold our family numerous new cars over the years so it’s probably a bit easier for me. They day it arrived I got a call giving me a choice of registration plates. We then agreed on the collection date. Between now and Weds it will get its PDI and be valeted. When I collect it though I will still go over the bodywork just to make sure it’s perfect. Other than that it’s just making sure you are familiar with all the controls etc and all the paperwork is sorted 

1 minute ago, OTS84 said:

I’ve gone for the Dynamic in pearl white for my wife. I’ve also got a Corolla on order for myself which isn’t due until late May. It’s been frustrating at times waiting but will be worth it in the end. Both cars were ordered Nov 21. I have a good relationship with my dealer who has sold our family numerous new cars over the years so it’s probably a bit easier for me. They day it arrived I got a call giving me a choice of registration plates. We then agreed on the collection date. Between now and Weds it will get its PDI and be valeted. When I collect it though I will still go over the bodywork just to make sure it’s perfect. Other than that it’s just making sure you are familiar with all the controls etc and all the paperwork is sorted 

152E3EC6-8574-4802-A332-3176B14063B3.thumb.jpeg.419b8a54b40bdd8dec49043cc13ef08b.jpeg

• Like 3

I ordered a Design back in December. The dealer informed me in January that it is due for delivery on 05/05, and again confirmed the same date in late March. 05/05 is only 21 days away, yet the MyT app still shows it in the Order Processing stage. Is the 05/05 date ambitious or should I trust the dealer over the app? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ARB11 said:

I ordered a Design back in December. The dealer informed me in January that it is due for delivery on 05/05, and again confirmed the same date in late March. 05/05 is only 21 days away, yet the MyT app still shows it in the Order Processing stage. Is the 05/05 date ambitious or should I trust the dealer over the app? 

Keep an eye on “inspect” data. Mine moved from 22/4 to 3/5 to 21/4 to 14/4 within 3 weeks. Once built, date will change - hopefully, for you to have it sooner.

• Thanks 1

Been to dealer today to sign some paperwork, so took the opportunity to have a look around car. 
Front of car was filthy. I know it will get valeted etc, so not much of an issue, but also noticed N/S rear bumper to body was misaligned. On checking, bumper seemed to be loose at top corner. Checked another car and it was fine. Informed Sales Exec who said he’d get it looked at.

Didn't get to have a look inside, so will give it a good check over when we pick it up on 23rd.

I always worry slightly about leaving car at dealer - they all seem to be packed in tightly.

Just another week until we have it at home. 👍

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Starensis said:

Been to dealer today to sign some paperwork, so took the opportunity to have a look around car. 
Front of car was filthy. I know it will get valeted etc, so not much of an issue, but also noticed N/S rear bumper to body was misaligned. On checking, bumper seemed to be loose at top corner. Checked another car and it was fine. Informed Sales Exec who said he’d get it looked at.

Didn't get to have a look inside, so will give it a good check over when we pick it up on 23rd.

I always worry slightly about leaving car at dealer - they all seem to be packed in tightly.

Just another week until we have it at home. 👍

I’m like that. The quicker you get it home the better. I’ll also be giving it a proper wash and wax as soon as I get it home

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 3:42 PM, Starensis said:

Keep an eye on “inspect” data. Mine moved from 22/4 to 3/5 to 21/4 to 14/4 within 3 weeks. Once built, date will change - hopefully, for you to have it sooner.

Interesting to know. Happened to get an update from dealer on Thursday saying it’s been pushed back to 26th May, but just been notified by the app that the build has just begun. Fingers crossed it could be sooner!

Mine started build on 4th April (technically the app said the build started on the 3rd but that was a sunday), left the factory on 5th. It then moved to 'in transit' on the 7th, arrived in the UK on the 12th and currently has an ETA for delivery to the dealer as the 25th April.

The original delivery date was 5th May, this changed to 20th May, then back to 5th May, then 28th April before changing to the 25th April.

If the date doesn't change again then it will be three weeks from build to delivery.

1 hour ago, TimChapman said:

Mine started build on 4th April (technically the app said the build started on the 3rd but that was a sunday), left the factory on 5th. It then moved to 'in transit' on the 7th, arrived in the UK on the 12th and currently has an ETA for delivery to the dealer as the 25th April.

The original delivery date was 5th May, this changed to 20th May, then back to 5th May, then 28th April before changing to the 25th April.

If the date doesn't change again then it will be three weeks from build to delivery.

Timing Same as mine. 👍

On 4/19/2022 at 11:27 AM, TimChapman said:

Just had the call, its arrived and collection is booked for Thursday!

• Like 2

Ok, so car has been at Dealers since end of March.

I have tried to organise a date for pick up but it has fallen on silence, emails go unanswered, and phone calls not returned.

I am beginning to wonder if the car was damaged or has a problem and they are delaying pick up deliberately.

I have to be honest, the service I have received from the dealer this time around has been extremely poor, and I regret waiting since November for it and don’t feel like my business is wanted.

If I don’t hear by middle of next week then I will have to pull out of the purchase and move on.

How I will pull out of the purchase I’ve no idea as they don’t return my calls or emails!!

It is massively frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They sound a lot like my dealer. :sad:

My two suggestions are:

1) e-mail or call the central office of the dealer franchise, not the dealer directly, and get them to find out on your behalf. For instance with Jemca, I've found their central office customer support far more responsive and easier to deal with than the dealer, and the schadenfreude of knowing they have to deal with the unresponsive dealer instead of you is very satisfying :laugh: - I even got a call back from them apologising that they hadn't gotten back to me because they couldn't get in contact with anyone at the dealer site but would keep trying :laugh: 

2) Drive down to the dealer and speak to them in person - With mine this was the only reliable way to get any sort of communication out of them, as they can't run away or hide so easily :laugh: 

20 minutes ago, Pumatron said:

I have tried to organise a date for pick up but it has fallen on silence, emails go unanswered, and phone calls not returned.

I am beginning to wonder if the car was damaged or has a problem and they are delaying pick up deliberately.

I have to be honest, the service I have received from the dealer this time around has been extremely poor, and I regret waiting since November for it and don’t feel like my business is wanted.

If I don’t hear by middle of next week then I will have to pull out of the purchase and move on.

How I will pull out of the purchase I’ve no idea as they don’t return my calls or emails!!

I’d contact Toyota Customer Relations, Head office of group or stick it on Twitter ( Toyota are on there ) and they will react, believe me.

Alternatively, go to dealer and make a scene.

The franchise head office is the better option - Toyota GB literally don't care and will just refer you back to the dealer network; As frosty likes to point out they are entirely separate entities and they seem to firmly believe this too as they will only deal with non-dealer-specific things.

25 minutes ago, Starensis said:

I’d contact Toyota Customer Relations, Head office of group or stick it on Twitter ( Toyota are on there ) and they will react, believe me.

Alternatively, go to dealer and make a scene.

Dealer is a 40 minute drive from hell away, so going there is not something I want to do regularly.

I admit my time schedule is tight but I have given dates and days without any success.

I’m tired of the excuses and silence, the new car excitement has gone, the dates I’ve given are closing as well.

I don’t trust dealers from any manufacturer after a lot of previous bad experiences, so this isn’t boding well.

I’ll see what early next week brings. 

2 hours ago, Pumatron said:

Dealer is a 40 minute drive from hell away, so going there is not something I want to do regularly.

I admit my time schedule is tight but I have given dates and days without any success.

I’m tired of the excuses and silence, the new car excitement has gone, the dates I’ve given are closing as well.

I don’t trust dealers from any manufacturer after a lot of previous bad experiences, so this isn’t boding well.

I’ll see what early next week brings. 

I must Say I have never had a bad time ordering any new car have at least 30 new/old ones in my life time so you know I am old lol

"I’m tired of the excuses and silence, the new car excitement has gone, the dates I’ve given are closing as well." 

Dealers would do well to remember the handover is a major event for most customers, especially first time buyers and to do something a bit special. 

I can barely remember some deals but the one that is most vivid was about 40 years ago. We had driven about 100 miles to the dealership.  The car was already and we went around and opened the tailgate as you do.  In the boot was a bouquet of flowers.  Not a bunch but a two-handed bouquet.  Also a bottle of champagne. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 5:47 PM, Pumatron said:

Who are you dealing with? I know it’s not ideal but sometimes it’s worth a trip there unannounced and don’t leave until you have some answers

On 4/25/2022 at 11:08 PM, OTS84 said:

Who are you dealing with? I know it’s not ideal but sometimes it’s worth a trip there unannounced and don’t leave until you have some answers

It’s a Marshall dealership in the South East.

So over last few days communication has finally been made and a pick up date finally agreed upon.

I’m still far from impressed at the moment with the delay and have zero trust with them. 
I’m inspecting the car before signing ownership later this week. 

• Like 1

Picked up our Yaris today. A Design in Ducoma grey. Ordered on the 11th December. Predicted delivery 5th May. Had been at the dealers for about a week, so slightly early.

Have to say it is a lovely drive.

Pete

• Like 2

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new addition

What have people’s timelines been from order processing -> collection? Is anyone willing to share their timeline of order processing, build in progress, left the factory, in transit etc?

41 minutes ago, ARB11 said:

What have people’s timelines been from order processing -> collection? Is anyone willing to share their timeline of order processing, build in progress, left the factory, in transit etc?

Mine took 6 weeks to move to Processing order from ordering at dealer, sat at processing order for another 6 weeks, in build for another 3 weeks, in transit for 2 weeks, arrived at retailer around a week after. December 21 ordered - April 22 collected. This was a Design spec in Solid White.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ARB11 said:

Wife collects hers on Friday 6th May - she ordered hers on January 21st, but this was a cancelled order from someone else but with same spec.

I ordered on 3rd February and still in processing - 1st estimate was June but being told its now September. Will update as time goes on.

What our rep told us yesterday was that what they see behind the scenes is very similar to the CEEFAX system on TV's or Yore - and that the system doesnt notify them at any stage as to the progress of the building phase. They literally get a transporter with cars on that they then have to check the VIN number off to the order sheet.

The upshot is that they get embarrassed when customers call with info from the MyT app - as they dont get to see any of it.

Good luck and hope you get yours soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, ARB11 said:

Hello, ordered a Yaris Style (in Finland) with some extras on 18/10/2021. The first estimate was late Mid-late February. Around the end of January I had no news, I could see the car in the app (Awaiting production stage) and that's all. I have contacted my dealer and told that there was a delay and I should expect in mid March. Time was passing and no news, so I contacted him again and I got a new ETA for 15-April-2022. 
April came but nothing changed. And once more he gave me a new ETA for end of May - start of June.

Finally I got my first updates in the app on 24-March-2022 and estimate dates in the inspection of the site. At this point ETA was 08-June-2022, but after some days it changed to 17-June-2022.

Build State : Changed on 1-May-2022 and finished on 03-May-2022

Left Factory State : Changed on 03-May-2022 and will be finished on 04-May-2022

According to the site Transit state : will start 05-May-2022.

So in total placed the order on 18/10/2022 > ETA Mid-late Feb-2022 > new ETA mid March-2022 > new ETA 15-April-2022 > final ETA end of May - turn of June 2022. 7 months and still waiting.

According to my dealer, the delivery date is still end of May - turn of June 2022. Let's see.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links