Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

Yes I noticed yesterday that my order had disappeared from the garage.  Not sure whether this is good news or bad news.

Our Yaris has disappeared too 

• Thanks 1

Don't tell me there's another transport ship on fire... :eek:  :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Hello everybody.

Greetings from Finland. Ordered a toyota yaris hybrid style with some extras on it. I made the order on mid October, the dealership told me to expect the car somewhere in late February. Time has passed, it was around end of January and MyT app was still showing "Awaiting production" contacted my dealership and he told that there was a delay and gave me a new ETA on mid march but he told to contact again later on February.

So I did, by the end of February I contacted but again (delays) and gave me a new ETA on 15th of April (it was supposed to be the final date). One week I contacted him again because MyT app was still on "Awaiting Production" state. And guess what, a new delay. Now he told me that  my car will be here by the end of May.

It has been now 5 months of waiting and it will go up to at least 7 months.

Do you think that's a normal waiting time?

• Sad 1

Hi all,

First post!😀

I ordered a Yaris Dynamic with City Pack in November 21, dealer quoted delivery June/July 22.

The Yaris is currently at Toton,uk awaiting further transportation (to dealer?). 

I currently own a Aygo (2021 year), which is a great car, apart from it’s being pushed beyond its capabilities as a family car (especially with four passengers 🥴).

Also have a BEV in the stable, but shocking range regularly leaves that at the back of drive, (until the summer anyway when range increases).

Last contact with dealer last week was Mid April delivery, which I’m assuming is worse case. 

A few concerns over reading 12v Battery issues with Hybrids, but will deal with that if and when becomes an issue, although already using a charger to top up the 12v on the BEV, so nothing new to me. 

I’m hoping this will be the last change of car for a while, as delays on builds and rising costs is making it a pain. 

hoping the Yaris is a good decision….

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Alex.K said:

Hello everybody.

Greetings from Finland. Ordered a toyota yaris hybrid style with some extras on it.

One week I contacted him again because MyT app was still on "Awaiting Production" state. And guess what, a new delay. Now he told me that  my car will be here by the end of May.

It has been now 5 months of waiting and it will go up to at least 7 months.

Do you think that's a normal waiting time?

It's hard to say. Where does the "style" fit in the range for Finland, is it the top the range model with all the goodies, including pano roof ? It appears that some paint and options combinations take longer than others. The middle of the range models being produced quicker, too. my mid range "Design" (France) took almost 4 months from order to delivery.

• Like 1

Apologies to those still waiting delivery but I am pretty happy with my new Yaris Excel. It was bought with urban driving in mind and I have to say it's looking like a winner when it comes to fuel efficiency.

If you haven't already ordered yours, think about the colour carefully. Decuma Grey looks stunning but it doesn't half show up the dirt and dust!

46 minutes ago, DaveinWales said:

It was bought with urban driving in mind and I have to say it's looking like a winner when it comes to fuel efficiency.

If you haven't already ordered yours, think about the colour carefully. Decuma Grey looks stunning but it doesn't half show up the dirt and dust!

Yes urban conditions and country roads, rather than motorways & expressways are the strong point of the Yaris, on my last tank I returned 3,56l/100 (79 mpg) brim to brim.

Mine is white, I think it shows the dirt less than dark colours, sure it looks a lot better clean, but I was surprised how it looked after a week of seaside mist and rain.

2 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

It's hard to say. Where does the "style" fit in the range for Finland, is it the top the range model with all the goodies, including pano roof ? It appears that some paint and options combinations take longer than others. The middle of the range models being produced quicker, too. my mid range "Design" (France) took almost 4 months from order to delivery.

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Yes, style stands for like almost full extra version. With pano roof etc.

The "top" model here in Finland is called "Premium".   So you think this kind of delays is "normal" if we take in account the current situation (covid-chip shortage etc)  ?

The Mk4 is an awesome car, you'll love it I'm sure! :biggrin: 

I've not had a problem with the 12v so I reckon as long as you use it regularly it won't be a problem - I suspect a lot of the people having trouble tend to use it infrequently for short journeys so the Battery doesn't get a chance to take on charge. The smart entry system has also been proven to have quite a high power draw when the car is sat still.

Maybe give it a good test run after you take delivery just to make sure it's got a good charge :naughty: (Totally not an excuse to go for a random hoon :whistling:)

I ordered my Yaris Excel in February and I was able to track it on the MyT app until earlier last week. Now I can no longer find my order either on the app or their website. Anyone else having this issue? How to fix this? 

I have attempted to contact toyota regarding this on Wednesday and I have a reply on Thursday that they will look into it. But till today I got no further reply.

23 minutes ago, Alex.K said:

So you think this kind of delays is "normal" if we take in account the current situation (covid-chip shortage etc)  ?

Given the current Covid & geopolitical situation, let's say, it doesn't surprise me. Some people here waited a long time for the fully loaded Yaris Cross, which is possibly built in the same factory in France, although given that yours is a Yaris it could come from CZ.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Toothmouse said:

I ordered my Yaris Excel in February and I was able to track it on the MyT app until earlier last week. Now I can no longer find my order either on the app or their website. Anyone else having this issue? How to fix this? 

I have attempted to contact toyota regarding this on Wednesday and I have a reply on Thursday that they will look into it. But till today I got no further reply.

Our Yaris order is exactly the same. Nothing on MyT app or website

I read there’s been a cyber attack on Toyota systems over the last few days. If true, may account for MyT issues and production stops.

I hope they get things up and running again without too much hassle

19 minutes ago, Big_D said:

Our Yaris order is exactly the same. Nothing on MyT app or website

Did you get to see it before this week?

9 minutes ago, Starensis said:

I read there’s been a cyber attack on Toyota systems over the last few days. If true, may account for MyT issues and production stops.

Oh no. I hope they can fix it soon. I did email my Toyota and got an respond that they will investigate. But no news since Thursday 

1 minute ago, Toothmouse said:

Did you get to see it before this week?

Yes. As we're only expecting it in September, we tend to check once a month to see if there have been any changed or updates. Last saw it listed in late February.

Just now, Big_D said:

Yes. As we're only expecting it in September, we tend to check once a month to see if there have been any changed or updates. Last saw it listed in late February.

When did you order yours? Did you order a Yaris or Yaris cross? In my deposit receipt it said that to expect the car in July. I placed my order in February 2022

Excel with Tech pack and Panoramic roof in Scarlet Flare. September was quoted by a couple of dealers. If I remember correctly, this date was confirmed on this forum - something to do with IC chips for the Tech pack, coupled with the panoramic roof and colour. I believe they are built in batches. No matter what the reason, we're happy to wait. A September delivery date (or later) suits us fine.

• Like 1

For what it’s worth, My T is working today for me. 

It is somewhat slow to open up, but does show the current status of the Yaris, last update was last week. (Arrival in the uk).

41 minutes ago, Pumatron said:

For what it’s worth, My T is working today for me. 

It is somewhat slow to open up, but does show the current status of the Yaris, last update was last week. (Arrival in the uk).

My is still not loading. Kept asking me for my license plate or VIN number. I do not have any of these as it’s a new car

2 hours ago, Toothmouse said:

My is still not loading. Kept asking me for my license plate or VIN number. I do not have any of these as it’s a new car

I currently own a Toyota Aygo, which is on My T, that is under “owned” tab, I have to go to “purchased” tab to see the current status of Yaris. 
The Yaris appeared in My T not long after I ordered it in November, with a unique 6 digits, (I presume) order number. 
I can see order on the My T app and slightly more detailed version via Toyota website after signing in (at the top right of main page). 🤔

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Pumatron said:

I currently own a Toyota Aygo, which is on My T, that is under “owned” tab, I have to go to “purchased” tab to see the current status of Yaris. 
The Yaris appeared in My T not long after I ordered it in November, with a unique 6 digits, (I presume) order number. 
I can see order on the My T app and slightly more detailed version via Toyota website after signing in (at the top right of main page). 🤔

Yes I did see the order number on my T app etc up until last week. So not so sure where it has gone to now. I can’t see it on the website or the app

2 minutes ago, Toothmouse said:

Yes I did see the order number on my T app etc up until last week. So not so sure where it has gone to now. I can’t see it on the website or the app

Exactly my experience too !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links